No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: Modern ribbed glass vase - ID = Fifth Avenue Crystal made in China  (Read 5764 times)

Offline postmoderniste

• Members
  • I'm new, please be gentle
    • Late 20th Century design
    • Los Angeles, CA
Hi all,

Looking for an ID (or even some feedback on possible country of origin, techniques). My background is more in furniture and my research methods don't work on glass. This cylindrical vase seems to be of high quality. The outer walls are ribbed, with the blue color on the raised area forming the stripes/ribbing. The bottom is indented. No markings anywhere. My guess is late 70s or 80s based simply on the geometric stylings and the color palette. Thanks in advance for any guidance!

Offline Greg.

• Members
Re: Identify modern ribbed glass vase possibly 70s/80s
« Reply #1 on: March 30, 2019, 10:38:08 AM »
Hi,

Welcome to the Glass Message Board.

Your vase was sold under the brand Fifth Avenue Crystal in the States, I gather they were produced in China.

Below is a link to another example. There are also a few others on the board if you enter Fifth Avenue Crystal into the board search function.

https://www.glassmessages.com/index.php/topic,63725.msg357403.html#msg357403

Hope this helps.

Greg

Offline postmoderniste

• Members
  • I'm new, please be gentle
    • Late 20th Century design
    • Los Angeles, CA
Re: Identify modern ribbed glass vase possibly 70s/80s
« Reply #2 on: March 31, 2019, 06:50:36 PM »
Hey Greg,

Thanks for the reply and the warm welcome! Nice to know I have not been the only one stumped/fooled by this particular design. I've reached out to Jay Companies, the parent brand for Fifth Avenue Crystal, to find out more information on when the Saturn design was made and where in the US it might have been retailed. I very much appreciate your putting me on the right path.

Kindly,
Amanda

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia
Visit the Online Glass Museum
link to glass museum

This website is provided by Angela Bowey, PO Box 113, Paihia 0247, New Zealand