No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: Iridescent dolphin plaque/tile. ID = Colin Heaney, Australia  (Read 8971 times)

Offline Anne E.B.

• Members
    • U.K.
Re: Iridescent dolphin plaque/tile. ID = Colin Heaney, Australia
« Reply #10 on: June 30, 2019, 02:31:21 PM »
Oooh its lovely!  Thanks or that ;)
I've got mine displayed flat on a shelf of assorted glass, which isn't really the best way to view it or for the iridescence to show.  I wouldn't want to chance putting it on a wall and I'm not too sure how that would be done as the indentation on the back doesn't seem to lend itself to that.  May be hanging on some sort of nail or screw????   

I've tried displaying it on a free standing wire frame (below), the sort that plates are most probably displayed on, but as you can see, its not very safe as the piece is quite thick and would easily be knocked over.  Not too bad it I had an out of reach place to put it, but with three young grandchildren around most days, flat seems best, for the time being.

Its the nicest piece of glass that I've bought in a long time, and the colours are just glorious.
Anne E.B

Offline brewster

• Members
    • Australia
Re: Iridescent dolphin plaque/tile. ID = Colin Heaney, Australia
« Reply #11 on: July 01, 2019, 01:24:48 AM »
Well, here is a coincidence! One just like yours has turned up on ebay.au. It is stickered for Heaney Glass but apparently not signed as well, thus undermining my statement about the near-universal signatures.

Trevor
See my blog on Australian studio glass. There is now a Facebook page with Australian glass news.
The Glass Puzzles page is back on Facebook. Log in to leave a comment.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia
Visit the Online Glass Museum
link to glass museum

This website is provided by Angela Bowey, PO Box 113, Paihia 0247, New Zealand