No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: Who were Cechy Neid?  (Read 3014 times)

Offline chasdevlin

• Members
    • 20th century glass
    • UK
Who were Cechy Neid?
« on: June 03, 2019, 11:00:03 PM »
I've been trying to find more information about tango glass. Now we know this style was developed initially by Loetz before being produced by a whole range of Bohemian glassmakers.
I recently came across the below site and it interested me they have examples of tango glass, particularly ones with illustrations on them, similar to pieces I own. They attribute it, if I've read the site correctly, to Cechy Neid. However I can find very little about them on the net beyond this particular site.
Anyone know anything about them or have some thoughts on this generally?

http://www.bohemianglass.org/katalog/cechy-neid/tango-sklo/

Offline Anne

• GMB Tech Support Manager & "Board (never bored) Dame"
  • Global Moderator
  • Members
  • I has a stick to poke the server with yes!
    • Glass trinket sets
    • Cumbria England
    • My Glass Collection
Re: Who were Cechy Neid?
« Reply #1 on: June 05, 2019, 01:17:59 AM »
I think that Čechy NEID means Bohemian unidentified (Čechy = Bohemian, and neid is abbreviation of neidentifikovatelný = unidentifiable) rather than being the name of a company itself.
Cheers! Anne, da tekniqual wizzerd
~ Glass Trinket Sets ~ GlassLinks ~ GlasSpeak ~ GlassGallery 
 ~  Glassoholic Blog ~ Glassoholic Gallery ~

Offline chasdevlin

• Members
    • 20th century glass
    • UK
Re: Who were Cechy Neid?
« Reply #2 on: June 05, 2019, 09:12:27 AM »
Thanks -that makes sense. I did wonder if it was something like that. I put the phrase into Czech-English translator and it didn't come up with anything which was why I thought it might be a company or town. Thanks again.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia
Visit the Online Glass Museum
link to glass museum

This website is provided by Angela Bowey, PO Box 113, Paihia 0247, New Zealand