No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: Kosta Boda, Anna Ehrner "Meditation" Ltd.Ed. Sculpture - advice please  (Read 2927 times)

Offline catshome

• Members
    • Most glass and studio pottery
    • UK
This stunning piece has several problems : 

1.  The ones I have found so far (not easy to find as only 60 were made) have Anna's signature prominently on the body of the glass.

2.  It's missing its glass ball.

3.  It's missing it's plinth (not a major issue).

4.  It has three areas of damage on the rim of the back - extremely sharp.....it drew blood!

Any thoughts as to why it wouldn't be signed (as on this example below)?  Usually we equate unsigned with "seconds", but I wouldn't expect any pieces in a limited edition to be seconds, and this is clearly marked on the base 27/60.

https://www.designglasonline.com/a-37288973/unicaten-gelimiteerde-oplage/meditation-green-by-anna-ehrner/

Has anyone ever contacted Kosta about repairs?  I appreciate it couldn't be made "perfect", but I wondered if it could be polished out a bit.

Would it be worth trying to get a replacement ball, and is that likely to be possible?

It is a lovely piece, and another of those pieces that I find very hard not to keep looking at, as it changes with the light and the sky.

Cat 😺

"There is very little knowledge that can't be obtained through effort"  -  Mark Cuban

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia
Visit the Online Glass Museum
link to glass museum

This website is provided by Angela Bowey, PO Box 113, Paihia 0247, New Zealand