No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: question about different Murano designs, tutti frutti, end of day............  (Read 5064 times)

Offline silver stain

• Members
    • Murano glass
    • Italy
Right now I've got only the photo and the size ....40 cm the bigger.....I have to go in Murano and to see and touch the lamps  8)

Offline ardy

• Members
I would buy 2 of them the left and right ones. Speak to Mr Visa or if no go I would try a mafia man!!! I don't collect them but they are lovely...
Clean and Crisp a Murano twist.
Archimede tops my list.

Offline silver stain

• Members
    • Murano glass
    • Italy
Maybe I lost something in translation  ::)
I'm not going to buy in a shop for turist ... my contact is a quite old man who keep glass treasure under the dust .
Really nothing to do with mafia  :)

Offline jonspencer

• Members
  • slowly learning more about local glass
    • lighting
    • Italy
do people here think this piece I bought today would be considered Bizantino design?

it looks like different fruit to me  ;D

Offline jonspencer

• Members
  • slowly learning more about local glass
    • lighting
    • Italy
some more details .....

Offline Jay

• Members
    • http://www.hogelandshoeve.be
No, this is missing several of the basic characteristics, Jon. It may be from Murano but would be much quicker to produce than going for the full 'Bizantino' effect. So that would indicate a lower priced item and possibly a later date and possibly not by the 'original designer' (AVEM). Some of the techniques are possible Murano, (see terminology above).

You should post your bowl as a new question with a separate New Topic, please.
Dutch and Flemish 20th Century Factory Glass

Offline silver stain

• Members
    • Murano glass
    • Italy
This item definitely is not Bizantino, not Avem , sorry,  it looks to me a poor quality piece .

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia
Visit the Online Glass Museum
link to glass museum

This website is provided by Angela Bowey, PO Box 113, Paihia 0247, New Zealand