No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: Perthshire paperweight series or pattern help - ID = made for GSR Gustav Stursbe  (Read 3882 times)

Offline user9318

• Members
just wondering what series or pattern this Perthshire paperweight is, it does have a P cane in the base, which is completely flat and polished. The size I am guessing, it is around 3" in diameter. Thank you.

Support the Glass Message Board by finding a book via book-seek.com

Offline paperweights

• Members
    • Allan's Paperweights
Re: Perthshire paperweight series or pattern help please
« Reply #1 on: August 03, 2019, 03:41:32 AM »
Let's see a picture of the base with a P cane.  I don't recognize this as a Perthshire pattern, so I am wondering if it is Phoenix or another glass paperweight maker.

Check out my web page for Glass paperweights, Paperweight Books, and Paperweight Information
http://paperweights.com

Support the Glass Message Board by finding glass through glass-seek.com

Offline user9318

• Members
« Reply #2 on: August 03, 2019, 05:59:12 AM »
Here is the P cane as requested, I did not include the one I took with my phone in the OP, as it was not clear.

Thank you.

Offline paperweights

• Members
    • Allan's Paperweights
« Reply #3 on: August 04, 2019, 11:38:23 PM »
Clearly - it is a Perthshire signature cane.  I've never seen this design, maybe someone else has.

Check out my web page for Glass paperweights, Paperweight Books, and Paperweight Information
http://paperweights.com

Offline user9318

• Members
« Reply #4 on: August 05, 2019, 08:15:14 AM »
Thank you for the confirmation it is a Perthshire paperweight, sometimes I do doubt myself. I am helping a friend, whose mother-in-law died, to sort through items that are worth selling or not, and the proceeds will be going to the RNLI.

I couldn't find anything like it either, I had a look at Scotland glass, and lots of varied google searches, but came up empty. I will try searching again later.

Offline daveweight

• Members
« Reply #5 on: August 05, 2019, 06:27:07 PM »
I am pretty sure this is either a trial weight, a one of a kind or possibly a commission piece. Perthshire produced loads of one of a kind pieces, far more than most collectors realise

Dave

Offline user9318

• Members
« Reply #6 on: August 05, 2019, 07:28:12 PM »
Thank you Daveweight, that certainly makes sense. I will do some more googling and see if I can come up with anything, but I am not very hopeful I will find out anything as to the origins of this paperweight.

Offline tropdevin

• Members
    • Paperweights
    • England
    • The Paperweight People
« Reply #7 on: August 06, 2019, 09:22:56 PM »
I suspect one of the (many) specials they made to order for various organisations.

Alan
Alan  (The Paperweight People  https://www.pwts.co.uk)

"There are two rules for ultimate success in life. Number 1: Never tell everything you know."

The comments in this posting reflect the opinion of the author, Alan Thornton, and not that of the owners, administrators or moderators of this board. Comments are copyright Alan Thornton.

Offline user9318

• Members
« Reply #8 on: August 07, 2019, 05:38:48 AM »
Hmm, more food for thought. I think if it is an organisation, it might be impossible to find with its vague design. Back to the drawing board, as I have come up completely blank on searches so far, including last nights. Thank you Alan and the other Allan and daveweight for your help. At least I am a little step further than I was.

Offline user9318

• Members
« Reply #9 on: September 23, 2019, 08:50:46 PM »
I received some information tonight that this logo is the same as the German company GSR Gustav Stursberg, a threading tool manufacturer. I won't include the link to their website, I'm not sure it is allowed by the board rules. But this is a commissioned company paperweight.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia
Visit the Online Glass Museum
link to glass museum

This website is provided by Angela Bowey, PO Box 113, Paihia 0247, New Zealand