No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: Royal Brierley new addition, for show.  (Read 28102 times)

Offline catshome

• Members
    • Most glass and studio pottery
    • UK
Re: Royal Brierley new addition, for show.
« Reply #10 on: September 01, 2019, 12:31:04 PM »
Both the pink and the plain white in the first picture are pieces I wouldn't have associated with Royal Brierley.  I have had some of their gorgeous lustre pieces, some crystal tableware, and I think a pink vase with white feathered design.  Will keep my eyes open for a chevron vase, and if anything turns up in one of the boxes I am working my way through I will add it here. 
Cat 😺

"There is very little knowledge that can't be obtained through effort"  -  Mark Cuban

Offline keith

• Members
« Reply #11 on: September 01, 2019, 01:39:34 PM »
Look forward to seeing something new  ;D ;D

Offline flying free

• Members
    • UK
« Reply #12 on: October 01, 2019, 09:41:12 PM »
Lovely collection Keith

Did they ever produce a patternbook/catalogue?

m

Offline keith

• Members
« Reply #13 on: October 01, 2019, 11:11:24 PM »
There are a few but hard to find, you can sometimes find brochures showing the range in the original box and Charles Hajdamach sent me a brochure showing their table lamp range. Never seen a pattern book, none in the archives, the Stevens & Williams family have a lot of stuff, I did have David Williams- Thomas's email and wanted to ask him but his account got hacked and is no longer available, so I trawl the internet hopelessly  ::) ;D ;D

Offline catshome

• Members
    • UK
« Reply #14 on: October 02, 2019, 06:29:47 AM »
Keith, do you think the British glass foundation would forward an email, or letter, to him?
Cat 😺

"There is very little knowledge that can't be obtained through effort"  -  Mark Cuban

Offline keith

• Members
« Reply #15 on: October 02, 2019, 12:59:22 PM »
That's a good idea Mark, I'm a member of the Glass Association, maybe they could help also  ;D ;D

Offline catshome

• Members
    • UK
« Reply #16 on: October 02, 2019, 07:51:10 PM »
Took me way too long to figure out who "mark" is 😹😹😹
Cat 😺

Offline keith

• Members
« Reply #17 on: October 02, 2019, 11:08:00 PM »
Sorry I just noticed the name at the bottom and presumed without thinking  ::)  ;D ;D

Offline catshome

• Members
    • UK
« Reply #18 on: November 17, 2019, 10:49:22 AM »
Look forward to seeing something new  ;D ;D

No pressure Keith!  Hope this is at least interesting enough to warrant space on this thread - I haven't been able to find much in this colourway......even in the pictures of your collection!  I think it's John who has a bowl that looks similar.  There are a few  broken surface bubbles - similar to those on your 5" black piece, which appears to be the same shape as this one.

A shade over 7" high x 7" diameter, and weighs a hefty 1636g (almost 3lb 10oz).  Very hard to describe the colour as it changes in different light from a pale silvery blue to a deep lavender blue - hoping to find out what the official name for this colour would be.  Flat, cut and polished rim.

Etched mark to edge of base

Royal
Brierley

Cat 😺

Offline catshome

• Members
    • UK
« Reply #19 on: November 17, 2019, 10:52:02 AM »
a few more pics - a couple of the mark in case it can help with dating.  The bottom pic shows how much the colour varies, as its taken while it was sitting next to me on the sofa in daylight.
Cat 😺

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia
Visit the Online Glass Museum
link to glass museum

This website is provided by Angela Bowey, PO Box 113, Paihia 0247, New Zealand