No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: Orrefors cased clear glass vase  (Read 1464 times)

Offline Suzeb50

• Members
  • I'm new, please be gentle
    • Netherlands
Orrefors cased clear glass vase
« on: September 05, 2019, 01:44:25 PM »
Afternoon all!

I recently purchased a couple of crystal vases - one made by Waterford, Ireland and the other made by Orrefors.
I was quickly able to identify the pattern and age of the Waterford vase but, after about 3 hours of searching the Internet today, have been unable to identify the Swedish vase.

It is cased and incredibly heavy weighing a whopping 2917g !
The square top has slightly rounded corners and measures 11,7 cm wide
The vase itself stands 20,2 cm tall

Although at first a tad difficult to decipher, I believe the etching on the base says Orrefors 4421-03

The whole vase is reminiscent of something designed by Stromberg as the vase is very thick walled.

I can normally find something similar on the Internet but this has me stumped completely.
I did find a sort of similar vase etched 4421-02 but sadly it wasn't exactly the same as my one.

Can anyone please tell me who designed the vase and the approximate production date(s)?

Thanks for your time to read this question (*_*)

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia
Visit the Online Glass Museum
link to glass museum

This website is provided by Angela Bowey, PO Box 113, Paihia 0247, New Zealand