No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: Large Blown Glass Bowl with Crystal Flower Base  (Read 751 times)

Offline tolw

• Members
  • I'm new, please be gentle
    • Antiques
    • USA
Large Blown Glass Bowl with Crystal Flower Base
« on: September 12, 2019, 12:04:38 PM »
Have been looking for it for at least past 10 years. No marks on the crystal flowers, or the bowl itself, which appears to be blown with a ground and polished base.

The crystal flowers are very clear, and almost remind me of something like Hoya, but again, not marked anywhere.

The bowl looks like it could be from almost anywhere - France, Italy, your guess is as good as mine.

The base the bowl sits in appears gold plated, over steel or iron. The balls that hold the flowers on are brass. There was nothing but black felt on the bottom of the gold base, not even an outline of a tag.

The 11 flowers are thick and clear, each held on with a brass ball. There are plastic spacers on them to make sure they don't rub the metal - it is well made.

We purchased this out of a home, along with Daum, scarce Erte crystal pieces, other French and Italian art glass.

It measures 16"W x about 8-1/2"H in the stand

More photos at https://photos.app.goo.gl/vWmVkMrEZwFFXeZv5

Support the Glass Message Board by finding a book via book-seek.com

Offline catshome

• Members
    • Most glass and studio pottery
    • UK
Re: Large Blown Glass Bowl with Crystal Flower Base
« Reply #1 on: September 12, 2019, 05:54:52 PM »
The flowers remind me of light fittings by Ernst Palme.  If it were mine, I would be looking at murano to start.  Your pictures are great!
Cat 😺

"There is very little knowledge that can't be obtained through effort"  -  Mark Cuban

Support the Glass Message Board by finding glass through glass-seek.com

Offline tolw

• Members
  • I'm new, please be gentle
    • Antiques
    • USA
Re: Large Blown Glass Bowl with Crystal Flower Base
« Reply #2 on: September 12, 2019, 07:59:25 PM »
Thank you!  Have to start somewhere....

Support the Glass Message Board by finding a book via book-seek.com

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia