No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: Could it be a Karel Palda glass?  (Read 1979 times)

Offline Samarcanda

• Members
  • I'm new, please be gentle
    • Italy
Could it be a Karel Palda glass?
« on: September 14, 2019, 10:10:31 AM »
Hi to everybody.
A few weeks ago I bought this decanter complete with six glasses. As soon as I saw it I thought to  Karel Palda but as much as I have searched on the Web and have seen so many drawings I have not found mine. There is an oval label that describes a cat with the words Made in Czechoslovakia and the letters AHR. On the bottom a beautiful polished pontil and the label of a famous Milan store now closed.
Does anyone know how to give me information about  the designer, about  the brand I don't know and more or less about the year in which it is made?
Thanks in advance for your attention.
Gioia

Offline catshome

• Members
    • Most glass and studio pottery
    • UK
Re: Could it be a Karel Palda glass?
« Reply #1 on: September 15, 2019, 06:26:30 AM »
There is a Karl Palda (Carl/Karel) catalogue from 1938 in existence, but I have only managed to find odd pages.  The website Karlpalda.com might hold a copy, so it may be worth contacting them to ask if they can shed any light on the label on your piece, which is one I haven't seen anywhere else. 

Some of the pages are available here https://www.drivingfordeco.com/category/glassware/#jp-carousel-1573

Please let us know what you find out.

Good luck
Cat 😺

"There is very little knowledge that can't be obtained through effort"  -  Mark Cuban

Offline michajoli

• Members
  • I'm new, please be gentle
    • pottery and glass vases
    • Germany, near Stuttgart
    • www.fatlava.eu
Re: Could it be a Karel Palda glass?
« Reply #2 on: September 25, 2019, 06:42:50 AM »

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia
Visit the Online Glass Museum