Glass Identification - Post here for all ID requests > Glass Trinket Sets

British American Glass Advert, Trinket Set 2800

(1/2) > >>

LinzC:
So, I don't know who the manufacturer is  :-\ but another advert showing a 7 piece set.

From a 1923 Pottery Gazette

NevB:
I've only just seen this. It looks like a Jobling set as there is a very similar catalogue picture of their 12500 set on the glass trinket sets site. The 2800 also fits in with their numbering system.

Anne:
I'm pretty certain these aren't Jobling, Nev.  The British American Glass Co. was an importer of glassware, but there may be a Jobling connection in that both firms had London offices at the same address, although possibly not at the same time... https://www.glassmessages.com/index.php/topic,64517.msg361547.html#msg361547

NevB:
Thanks Anne, I can't find much online about British American Glass but from your link it seems they acted as promoters for various British companies in America. Perhaps they used the original company catalogues and added their own name.

KevinH:

--- Quote ---Perhaps they used the original company catalogues and added their own name.
--- End quote ---
The Advert shown above is worded "ASSEMBLED BY". I wonder how much "assembling" went on. Perhaps they offered part sets as well as full sets?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version