No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: Val St Lambert - Just for show...  (Read 23916 times)

Offline chopin-liszt

• Members
    • Scotland, Europe.
Re: Val St Lambert - Just for show...
« Reply #50 on: May 17, 2019, 05:32:48 PM »
Those most definitely belong in the Studio glass thread Anne, along with your lovely letter from Sam.
Did you know there has just been a lovely book published about Sam Herman?
I did treat myself, it's a lovely book.
But now I want his paintings and his sculptures too. ::)

Cheers, Sue M. (she/her)

‘For every problem there is a solution: neat, plausible and wrong’. H.L.Mencken

Offline Anne Tique

• Members
    • Kingdom of Belgium
    • https://www.pinterest.com/annetiquebe/
« Reply #51 on: May 17, 2019, 05:58:33 PM »
Ok I'll take some proper pictures for the other thread and yes, I came across the book this morning and have ordered one  ;D

Offline chopin-liszt

• Members
    • Scotland, Europe.
« Reply #52 on: May 17, 2019, 06:13:33 PM »
 8) 
Cheers, Sue M. (she/her)

‘For every problem there is a solution: neat, plausible and wrong’. H.L.Mencken

Offline BlueOctopus

• Members
  • I'm new, please be gentle
    • Glass in all forms ages
    • Germany
« Reply #53 on: October 11, 2019, 09:10:06 PM »
Wow, I should look around for VAL pieces, most what you showed is lovely. Your home must be a VAL Museum  and I doubt that anybody at VAL itself knows more than you about all the designers, dates and designs.
i love that vase with the naked child, one has the feeling that you can pinch him into the bud. Really astonishing collecting.
Has VAL a Museum?
Go on, I‘m looking forward to see more ::) ;D :D ;D

Offline Anne Tique

• Members
    • Kingdom of Belgium
    • https://www.pinterest.com/annetiquebe/
« Reply #54 on: October 11, 2019, 10:43:55 PM »
Wow, thank you for your nice words, unfortunately it is not all as it seems, as there's always something I don't know, but that keeps it exciting and entertaining at the same time.

The little vase with the engraved child is now in a museum here in Belgium. It was too special and exclusive to be sitting here in my living room and I thought it should be shared with the public.

There is a museum, right opposite the factory, in the old chateau of VSL. They do have a nice collection but it's limited. Once the government stepped in and the Grand Curtius museum in Liège became curator, the more important pieces and majority of the collection went there.

Just because you mentioned it, if you do look for VSL, do be aware that pieces signed VAL are from a different company, Verreries d'Art Lorraine.

Offline BlueOctopus

• Members
  • I'm new, please be gentle
    • Glass in all forms ages
    • Germany
« Reply #55 on: October 12, 2019, 07:29:26 PM »
.... the redwine :-[
When I woke up this morning and read my post again I recognized that I wrote VAL instead of VSL.  :'( :'(
But isn‘t it hard to give such a piece to the museum? So far I know your are English and Belgium is not round the corner. Not to see it . Very noble to give it to the public.
I hope in the museum it has the best place, not hidden in the 3rd row.
Monika
Honestly, I don‘t think VSL will enter my home , maybe by accident like the old coffee mug which is none ;D. To buy VSL is to costly, but if I‘m lucky I will grap something on the fleemarket which will be identived later as VSL
Monika

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia
Visit the Online Glass Museum
link to glass museum

This website is provided by Angela Bowey, PO Box 113, Paihia 0247, New Zealand