No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: Val Saint Lambert vase  (Read 6550 times)

Offline Anne Tique

• Members
    • Kingdom of Belgium
    • https://www.pinterest.com/annetiquebe/
Re: Val Saint Lambert vase
« Reply #20 on: October 08, 2019, 08:48:23 AM »
Just a couple of images to illustrate the explanation given by Sue. I haven't altered the colours on the images, this is how it shows up. You can just spot the iridescent effect at the top.

The vase fits the philosophy of the artist perfectly, well for me at least, when he says that beauty can be found in colours and simplicity of form and shape.

Having said that, even though I like the vase very much, it is still a pain in the neck to take pictures of.

Offline chopin-liszt

• Members
    • Scotland, Europe.
« Reply #21 on: October 08, 2019, 01:42:54 PM »
It might have been a pain, but you succeeded.  :)
That is a good illustration, and it does look deliberate. It could have been achieved at the glory hole, if done carefully.
Unlike my cylinder, which was accidentally over-burned. ;D
Cheers, Sue M. (she/her)

‘For every problem there is a solution: neat, plausible and wrong’. H.L.Mencken

Offline Anne Tique

• Members
    • Kingdom of Belgium
    • https://www.pinterest.com/annetiquebe/
« Reply #22 on: October 08, 2019, 04:32:32 PM »
It must have been a desired effect as it was catalogued like this, not as bright in colour I have to admit, but that's just a question of light I guess.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia
Visit the Online Glass Museum
link to glass museum

This website is provided by Angela Bowey, PO Box 113, Paihia 0247, New Zealand