No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: Pastel blue mugs - Nazeing?  (Read 758 times)

Offline Anne E.B.

• Members
    • U.K.
Pastel blue mugs - Nazeing?
« on: October 04, 2019, 01:14:09 PM »
My first thought when I got these was perhaps Nazeing.  They have a frothy minute bubbly appearance, and the colour seems to match their pastel blue.  The frothy appearance is more obvious at the bottom.  Bit of a glow when held to strong sunlight.  Really well made.  Smooth fire polished pontil marks.        Am I right I wonder? 
TIA ;)
Anne E.B

Support the Glass Message Board by finding a book via book-seek.com

Offline Paul S.

• Members
Re: Pastel blue mugs - Nazeing?
« Reply #1 on: October 04, 2019, 01:33:02 PM »
I get a feeling Anne that these aren't Nazeing.        The factory did produce a few jugs, of various sizes, that had applied clear handles, but not I don't think on shapes such as this, at least not according to Timberlake's book.

I've also never known their glass to have any sign of a sunset/fire glow - opalescent appearance - so on balance of probabilities I'd suggest these are more recent and not Nazeing.              This shade of blue, plus this kind of glass/bubble mix also looks wrong for Nazeing.

Support the Glass Message Board by finding glass through glass-seek.com

Offline Anne E.B.

• Members
    • U.K.
« Reply #2 on: October 04, 2019, 03:33:30 PM »
Thanks Paul.  I had a feeling they might be newer but wasn't sure.  Not sure what's going on with the bit of fiery glow - probably of no consequence anyway.
I'm not too sure about drinking hot drinks from a glass mug which isn't "Pyrexed" (forgotten what the actual word is, but heatproof ::) )  They might be intended for lemonade or something similar.
Not to worry, I'm not keeping them.
Anne E.B

Offline catshome

• Members
    • Most glass and studio pottery
    • UK
« Reply #3 on: October 04, 2019, 06:00:26 PM »
Anne, are the white dots in the glass, or is it the light through bubbles?
Cat 😺

"There is very little knowledge that can't be obtained through effort"  -  Mark Cuban

Support the Glass Message Board by finding glass through glass-seek.com

Offline Anne E.B.

• Members
    • U.K.
« Reply #4 on: October 04, 2019, 07:42:28 PM »
They are absolutely tiny little clear bubbles not white dots Cat.  They're very pretty colour which is what attracted my attention.
Anne E.B

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia
Visit the Online Glass Museum
link to glass museum

This website is provided by Angela Bowey, PO Box 113, Paihia 0247, New Zealand