No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: Nice green boxed set of Holmegaard? shot glasses x6  (Read 2672 times)

Offline LEGSY

• Members
  • I'm new, please be gentle
    • Antiques
    • North Wales
Re: Nice green boxed set of Holmegaard? shot glasses x6
« Reply #10 on: December 15, 2019, 10:31:53 PM »
 :)
Thank you Ross for the suggestion's i think it would be a good idea
will try and take some better pictures first, They certainly appear to have some
age o it may well take some time but that is why this collecting is so much fun :)

Offline inca

• Members
  • Stockholm, Sweden
« Reply #11 on: December 16, 2019, 05:27:01 AM »
Ross, I have already asked Benny Berg and he said that this is not Holmegaard.
all texts and pictures © Ingela Nyrén

Offline BlueOctopus

• Members
    • Glass in all forms ages
    • Germany
« Reply #12 on: December 16, 2019, 08:11:06 PM »
Holmegaard is belonging to royal Scandinavia Glas since 1997 , Same does since 1995 Kosta Boda. They seem to produce quite unique but in the end the danish and svedish company belong somehow together. This information was new for me since I read it in Judith Millers book Glas of the 20th Century. This might be an explanation.

Offline BlueOctopus

• Members
    • Glass in all forms ages
    • Germany
« Reply #13 on: December 16, 2019, 08:26:43 PM »
As longer I look to box label and the danish Swedish German mix, as more I‘m coming to the result that this is a fake label . Holmegaard is very good sellable in Germany , a lot collectors, and this might be trap. Maybe a German company with a fun label to catch the Swedish and the Holmegaard collectors together. The beargrass no 5 of Holmegaard are quite near in shape and apearence

Offline LEGSY

• Members
    • Antiques
    • North Wales
« Reply #14 on: December 16, 2019, 09:06:34 PM »
Thanks Blueoctopus for the similarities and the lovely information regarding
spurious label i did think it may have been spurious but with nothing to go on
i couldn't be sure..The box has wear so must be some age and the plastic all seems
to fit well i guess still a nice set :) Thank you for all the help..

Offline kerstinfroberg

• Members
  • I'm foreign, please be gentle
    • Sweden
    • the Swedish museum of glass machines
« Reply #15 on: December 31, 2019, 11:02:32 AM »
Holmegaard is belonging to royal Scandinavia Glas since 1997 , Same does since 1995 Kosta Boda. They seem to produce quite unique but in the end the danish and svedish company belong somehow together. This information was new for me since I read it in Judith Millers book Glas of the 20th Century. This might be an explanation.

Jujst for the record: the glassworks Orrefors, Kosta, Boda, Åfors and Sandvik were owned by Royal Scandinavia from 1997. RS closed the factories in Boda (2003) and Sandvik (2004). The rest again became Swedish in 2005 (New wave group). NWG closed Orrefors and Åfors in 2013. Kosta glassworks is still thriving under NWG. The trademarks (Orrefors, Kosta Boda) still exist, production in Kosta and several other countries. (source https://sv.wikipedia.org/wiki/Orrefors_Kosta_Boda )

Royal Scandinavia apparently does not own any glassworks anymore (source https://no.wikipedia.org/wiki/Royal_Scandinavia )

Offline Pinkspoons

• Members
    • UK
« Reply #16 on: February 20, 2020, 06:07:02 PM »
These pop up occasionally - usually in Germany, occasionally in the UK.

It's nonsense branding that's close enough to trick some people but just different enough to not infringe Holmegaard copyright - like buying Kalvin Kleen underpants or a George Armarnio t-shirt from a Sunday market.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia
Visit the Online Glass Museum
link to glass museum

This website is provided by Angela Bowey, PO Box 113, Paihia 0247, New Zealand