No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: I assume Bohemian, Footed Egg Shaped Vase lilac, opalescent stripes, gold enamel  (Read 867 times)

Offline Nonpareil

• Members
  • I'm new, please be gentle
    • Glass
    • United States
Measures approximately 7.5" tall.
I assume bohemian, looking through different shape catalogs / books I've not seen it although I thought maybe Harrach.  Base was ground and well polished prior to feet being applied.

Support the Glass Message Board by finding a book via book-seek.com

Offline glassobsessed

• Members
    • Mdina
    • South Wales
Another possibility is Richardson, you can find their tulip vases in a similar amethyst and white stripe.

https://www.collectorsweekly.com/stories/214853-victorian-glass-tulip-vases-by-richardso
and
https://www.collectorsweekly.com/stories/213324-richardson-tulip-vase

John

Support the Glass Message Board by finding glass through glass-seek.com

Offline Lustrousstone

• Members
    • Warrington, UK
    • My Gallery
It's also quite a Webb shape

Offline flying free

• Members
    • UK
John, I'm not sure it has been proven that those are Richardon glass?  Or I might have missed discussion somewhere  :-[

I've had a look through the Harrach book and there is nothing similar in dekor.

Christine now you've said that,actually those feet remind me of feet on the 'lizard' bowls in the sort of sponged gilded effect.  Some of those were Webb.

modified to add:

Actually I've just checked my butterflies bowl with lizard feet and it's that bowl that has the sponged gilded effect on the lizards:

https://www.glassmessages.com/index.php/topic,50401.msg284877.html#msg284877

I think re-reading that thread on my lizards bowl, I came to the conclusion it was a Webb piece.  So linking back around to Christine's suggestion and the sponged gilded effect on my lizard bowl and the op's vase.

I would love to see a close up photograph of the enamelling on your bowl if you have time to do some more photos please?

Offline glassobsessed

• Members
    • Mdina
    • South Wales
No idea where that Richardson attribution originates, wondered about it's veracity for some time. Yet another perpetuated error?

Offline flying free

• Members
    • UK
I don't know to be honest.  I've remembered where I heard it now - on the grapevine.  However it came from a respected source so I listened and remembered.
I've always wondered about them.

m

Offline Nonpareil

• Members
  • I'm new, please be gentle
    • Glass
    • United States
I would love to see a close up photograph of the enamelling on your bowl if you have time to do some more photos please?

https://imgur.com/a/KaAVEJK
There are additional photos there if you'd like many are fairly high resolution and can be zoomed in to see well.

Offline flying free

• Members
    • UK
that yellow enamel under the gilding makes me think Bohemian tbh.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia
Visit the Online Glass Museum
link to glass museum

This website is provided by Angela Bowey, PO Box 113, Paihia 0247, New Zealand