No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: Stevens Williams cut coloured wine glasses  (Read 1277 times)

Offline fatbelly

• Members
  • I'm new, please be gentle
    • Nice things
    • Uk
Stevens Williams cut coloured wine glasses
« on: February 21, 2020, 03:21:28 PM »
Hello.
Purchased these with the thought they maybe Stevens & Williams pieces.They are tricoloured clear green and red.Measures 8.25” tall.The stems are cut.The join of the stem and the body is also cut.And profuse cutting to both bowls.One bowl is slightly larger but obviously from the same set.The darkness to the cutting on the base is just dirt I have not yet washed them.Sorry.
Not something you see everyday and I have not handled any pieces before so any thoughts would be appreciated.Not my remit really but the quality made me curious enough to bid and buy.
Thanks
FB

Offline keith

• Members
Re: Stevens Williams cut coloured wine glasses
« Reply #1 on: February 21, 2020, 06:11:44 PM »
I'd go with S&W's, high quality and very similar to those shown on page 67 of 'The Crystal Years' by R.S Williams-Thomas, good find  ;D ;D

Offline fatbelly

• Members
    • Nice things
    • Uk
« Reply #2 on: February 21, 2020, 07:03:55 PM »
Thanks for that Keith.
They are without doubt of the highest quality the more you handle them they really do feel nice.I have never come across S&W in the flesh of this ilk so it was purely instinct on my part that they could be.
FB

Offline keith

• Members
« Reply #3 on: February 21, 2020, 08:35:14 PM »
I should think they are quite rare, wish I could find some !  ;D ;D

Offline Dil44

• Members
    • Stourbridge Glass
    • United Kingdom
« Reply #4 on: March 06, 2020, 05:28:09 PM »
Very nice Stevens & Williams glasses produced early 20th century. They are double overlay or double cased and at the risk of opening a can of worms they are not tri coloured the flint or clear glass is not regarded as a colour. For more info see antiquestourbridgeglass.com. Think of me if you decide to sell ;) Regards Dil.

Offline fatbelly

• Members
    • Nice things
    • Uk
« Reply #5 on: March 07, 2020, 10:48:34 AM »
Hi Dil.
I was hoping you would have an opinion and I am more than happy with the double cased rather than tricolour description.Its a beautiful colour way for sure and I will happily give you first refusal they will be moved on.Thanks for the opinion and correct description.
FB

Offline Dil44

• Members
    • Stourbridge Glass
    • United Kingdom
« Reply #6 on: March 07, 2020, 06:17:37 PM »
Looking forward to hearing from you.
Dil

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia