Glass Identification - Post here for all ID requests > Glass

Is this a John Walsh Walsh bowl?

<< < (2/6) > >>

David E:
I remember Bernard in one topic describing how it took him days before he eventually spotted one mark, which is why I mentioned it.

John/Mary: if you edit the title to include the words 'John Walsh Walsh' this should make Bernard's ears prick up :lol:

johnfandmaryp:
Thanks all.

Have now had a quick look at some links on the internet and it does look right for the JWW Pompeian.

Also had another good look for a mark, and found one! It definitely has the word England etched with another over it which could well be Walsh. Mary thought I was mad when I said I'd found a mark and spent about 5 minutes trying to find it, which she did eventually!

Is it collectable and/or valuable?

Also, will change the title as suggested!

Very many thanks, John.

PS going to watch the Grand Prix now, so may not be back for an hour or two!

David E:
Pompeian is generally very collectable.

--- Quote ---PS going to watch the Grand Prix now, so may not be back for an hour or two!
--- End quote ---

Me too! ta ta

Bernard C:
Yes, it's a classic Walsh Pompeian floating bowl, pattern No. A4950 if it is unfooted, quite a late design in the Pompeian range.   Well done finding the mark.   Note that with the mark it was unlikely to have been sold through the Birmingham wholesaler Hill Ouston.

I think that I have another example in blue in my stock boxes packed in the car for the Woking fair tomorrow.

Bernard C.  8)

johnfandmaryp:
Thank you very much for the information and confirmation Bernard. Not quite sure about the 'unfooted' bit ~ it's not a separate foot, but the bottom is formed into a wide foot, as I've tried to show in the picture below.
Also, could you give me an idea of value (without compromising yourself for tomorrow!) ~ I'm thinking of listing it on eBay, but I'm not sure if it's worth doing.
Thanks again to all, John.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version