No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: Chribska Czech Blue to Purple Sommerso Glass Bowl/Vase by Josef Hospodka  (Read 804 times)

Offline carlovision

• Members
  • I'm new, please be gentle
    • Paperweights Bowls
    • United States
Hello all. This vase/bowl is too huge not toe ask the board about... The best example of the bowl/vase I have which is in the attachments is found here in the 20th Century Glass Guide: https://www.20thcenturyglass.com/store/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=275_281_365&products_id=8399 (1.6 kilos unpacked).

The one in the photos is far larger at Weight: 4Lbs 15 1/2oz or 2.256 kilos. Dimensions: L 10.5" x H 5.5" x W 7.25" or L 27 cm x H 14 cm x W 18 cm.

What info can anyone here volunteer for insurance purposes authenticity? Is it an early work and did Josef Hospodka make this 50 years ago?

Support the Glass Message Board by finding a book via book-seek.com

Offline carlovision

• Members
    • Paperweights Bowls
    • United States
The base's bottom surface has light but appropriate use consistent with its age. The entire surface has a smooth & polished feel.

Support the Glass Message Board by finding glass through glass-seek.com

Offline flying free

• Members
    • UK
Hi, we don't give valuations usually on here - it's best to look around the net at other pieces to see what the prevailing desire is for a piece.  Possibly check on Ebay as well to see if any come up on there.
The owner of the site you link to is a member of the Glass Message Board and I'm sure his identification is correct.
I can't see your pictures very well as they don't enlarge enough and I couldn't see it in the catalogue pages I could find to be able to give you a pattern number, but I am sure it is Chribska.

I have one that is 47cm or 18.5" wide and weighs 2.7kg or 6lb

Offline flying free

• Members
    • UK
There is one in what seems to be a similar shape to yours (different colour) in a later catalogue 1999.  It's number is 372/2/27 - it's a different colour to yours so I don't know if that catalogue number refers only to that colourway (bright pink,bottle green and clear) or whether it is the number for that shape and size 27cm as yours is.  It appears on page 61 of the 1999 catalogue.

Offline carlovision

• Members
    • Paperweights Bowls
    • United States
The image restrictions of 125K per image make it hard for others here to evaluate images. Should I just email you the high quality images? Hmmm... Let me know if ok - I would send from carlovision at gmail. And can I reply with a link here to the piece perhaps or is it against policy? Thanks for your interest. Its amazing in person.

Offline flying free

• Members
    • UK
Hi, if you set your resized photo to 600 x 400 pixels that should work and then they will enlarge enough to see the details.

Your images are at 24 kb rather than 125 - that's why they are so small.

m

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia
Visit the Online Glass Museum
link to glass museum

This website is provided by Angela Bowey, PO Box 113, Paihia 0247, New Zealand