No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: glass figurine with holes - ID = Walther & Sohne 'Marina' flower centrepiece  (Read 2027 times)

Offline peugeot 407

• Members
  • I'm new, please be gentle
    • glass figuerines
    • cambs
Can anyone identify this please...

Offline Greg.

• Members
Re: glass figurine
« Reply #1 on: July 02, 2020, 06:11:43 PM »
Walther & Sohne 'Marina'.

Offline peugeot 407

• Members
    • glass figuerines
    • cambs
« Reply #2 on: July 02, 2020, 06:23:50 PM »
Thanks very much...thats sort of fits with my mothers ownership....what sort of value would it have and what would have been in the 'holes' to her side......

Offline Greg.

• Members
« Reply #3 on: July 02, 2020, 06:32:37 PM »
You're welcome. - The holes are for inserting flowers. Generally values aren't really discussed on the board as there are many variables to consider, a quick search online should hopefully yield a few price comparisons. Its a nice Art Deco centerpiece, hope this helps a little. Welcome to the GMB btw.

Offline peugeot 407

• Members
    • glass figuerines
    • cambs
« Reply #4 on: July 02, 2020, 06:38:18 PM »
HI ..yes ..asking for a value is a tad rude  but has kindled an interest.... I might start collecting this style of glass as its interesting and looks/feels much better that modern items.....many thanks for your help

Offline Greg.

• Members
« Reply #5 on: July 02, 2020, 06:48:05 PM »
Value is a perfectly valid question, although it comes with many variables, such as condition, desirability, place of sale, economic climate etc...Look forward to you posting the second item in your collection😀

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia
Visit the Online Glass Museum
link to glass museum

This website is provided by Angela Bowey, PO Box 113, Paihia 0247, New Zealand