Glass Identification - Post here for all ID requests > Glass Trinket Sets

Walther Prismen Uranium Glass Trinket Set with Original Labels

<< < (3/4) > >>

Anne:
I've merged all three of Jayne's topics on this set into one to keep all the info together and help get it clear in our heads.

Jayne:

--- Quote from: Anne on September 13, 2021, 06:00:23 PM ---I've merged all three of Jayne's topics on this set into one to keep all the info together and help get it clear in our heads.

--- End quote ---

Thanks Anne, I wasn't sure about posting together or separately in this case. :)

Jayne:

--- Quote from: Anne on June 03, 2012, 05:40:11 PM ---Hi both!  I looked again at the Walther Prismen versus Libochovice 1700 set, and the lids of the pots differ in the catalogue, as does the design of the ringholder as well of the tray!

The Prismen pots have widely spaced spear-shapes on the lids, the 1700 has a closer almost daisy petal pattern on them, but I seem to recall that my pots have a pattern closer to that of Prismen!

The ringholder in Prismen is bowl shaped with a saw-toothed rim, the 1700 one is wider with an inverted, almost cushion-shaped base and a less jagged rim.  The oval Prismen tray also has the saw-toothed rim of course.

What I can't remember is what the bases of the 1700 pots look like so I'll have to go check. I do have a full set of the Lib 1700 pattern somewhere.  I'm not sure if I have any Prismen pieces to compare with though.

I'll rummage and report back!  8)

--- End quote ---

--- Quote from: Anne on February 17, 2020, 01:20:55 AM ---There are some curious differences between Walther Prismen and Libochovice 1700. 

If you compare the catalogues, the pattern on the pot lids you can spot the difference easily as the Walther one has a wider spaced spear-pointed pattern on the lid, whilst the Libochovice one has a narrower closer together spear-pointed pattern.

The Libochovice 1700 candlestick catalogue image appears to have the same spear-pointed pattern round the candle cup, but the Walther Prismen one is totally plain.

But, and there has to be a BUT, eh...  the tray which seems to be Libochovice is most often seen with the pot with the Walther lid and the plain candlestick!

--- End quote ---

I'm adding some comparison photos here to see if we can further this issue and quoting Anne from some other threads as her comments are rather useful.

I've come across a similar set to the set in question and firstly posting the trinket pots.

Jayne:
Now adding the ring holders, perhaps Eugenie may throw some light here?

Jayne:
Finally adding the almost complete blue sets, a tray comparison and a couple of pics of the extent of my Prismen/Lib 1700 collection, a trinket obsession as Paul calls it! (He can talk)  ;D

The candlesticks are the same in both blue sets in this case.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version