No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: "mammoth sized" Poliarte hammered glass chandelier  (Read 1099 times)

Offline jonspencer

• Members
  • slowly learning more about local glass
    • lighting
    • Italy
"mammoth sized" Poliarte hammered glass chandelier
« on: July 30, 2020, 08:48:45 AM »
I actually bought this piece (+/- 25kg) not too far from Verona and if you look at other pieces from Poliarte, they use the same colours with this style of hammered glass. I have also seen similar hanging lamps with this style chain and heavy brass fittings.

After visiting different libraries in Milano to research mostly Italian made lighting, there are several designers who I like best and they all were involved in stained glass or similar designs.

Albano Poli who founded Poliarte began his career restoring and re-producing stained glass for churches, Pietro Chiesa, (before he headed up Fontana Arte) made stained glass windows from designs made by Gio Ponti and Tomaso Buzzi (who later headed up Venini)

So now I have also collected at least 10 lighting designs from Pietro Chiesa and a couple from Buzzi 

I will get this lamp cleaned up, hung and electrified in the near future > post photos

Offline ardy

• Members
Re: "mammoth sized" Poliarte hammered glass chandelier
« Reply #1 on: August 11, 2020, 01:11:37 AM »
Wonderful thing but it would look out of place in my place. I have always loved some of the chandeliers but again where to hang them???? I was offered a lovely A.S. one a few years ago for 500 AUS and would have bought it but again??? It was a smaller piece not one of the really extravagant ones.
Clean and Crisp a Murano twist.
Archimede tops my list.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia
Visit the Online Glass Museum
link to glass museum

This website is provided by Angela Bowey, PO Box 113, Paihia 0247, New Zealand