No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: For Show: Possibly a Norwegian Ring Holder?  (Read 2237 times)

Offline theElench

• Members
    • Art Deco
    • England
Re: For Show: Possibly a Norwegian Ring Holder?
« Reply #10 on: September 12, 2020, 03:56:57 PM »
I attach pics. of the edge of the ring holder and the stippling on the unknown vase.  Perhaps they will be helpful?

The third photo, I hope, shows the similarity in the shade of green and the texturing on both.

Hope you're having a good holiday and finding many mysteries for your collection.

Support the Glass Message Board by finding a book via book-seek.com

Offline theElench

• Members
    • Art Deco
    • England
« Reply #11 on: September 12, 2020, 03:58:50 PM »
Forgot the pictures!!

Support the Glass Message Board by finding glass through glass-seek.com

Offline Eugénie

• Members
    • ring holders
    • Lisse in the Netherlands
« Reply #12 on: September 27, 2020, 12:05:48 PM »
So, I am back!! I searched my collection with "the edges" as a reference.   Helas, nothing similar..... Seeing now on internet much more about Scandinavian pressglass... I take back my words "doesn"t look Scandinavian to me..".
 You were talking already about Hadeland Glasverk. May be  worth trying too:l Hřvik Glasverk and Magnor Glasverk.  Mats Linder seems to be an expert about this subject. www.matslinder.no 
On the other hand why not showing the picture and  asking the collegues of the Scandinavian department of the Glass Message Board?

At the site of Mats Linder I found a catalogue of 1930 Hadeland, "Heavy Cut Crystal". Somewhere was written that a lot of Haveland products were exported towards England.... In the catalogue: parts for trinket sets and 2 ring holders  :)  Helas not your green one yet.

Herewith 2 photos of 2 ringholders made by BODA ( so not KOSTA as I promised). Signed BODA though difficult to make a photo of it. Since it says just BODA that means it is made before 1946.  I bought them both in Denmark .
One in a car boot sale in 1988 and one in Copenhague in an antique shop in 2012.  It's crystal. Rare model for hollow in the middle.

Support the Glass Message Board by finding a book via book-seek.com

Offline theElench

• Members
    • Art Deco
    • England
« Reply #13 on: October 05, 2020, 08:52:27 AM »
Sorry for the delay in replying, I've been feeling sorry for myself due to tooth-ache and the delay in getting a dental appointment due to Covid safety measures.  The tooth went on Friday and now the soreness is going I'm feeling more interest in other things again.

I've not seen ring holders like your Boda's before and now I'm slowly working my way through the Mats Linder site, am appreciating Scandinavian design much more.  I'm noticing that it's their clear glass I often think most attractive, whereas very often for me colour plays a bigger part in what I like or dis-like.

I've done as you suggested and opened a thread in the Scandinavian section of GMB, no replies as yet and will follow up and try searching for the companies you mention.

Support the Glass Message Board by finding glass through glass-seek.com

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia
Visit the Online Glass Museum
link to glass museum

This website is provided by Angela Bowey, PO Box 113, Paihia 0247, New Zealand