No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: Death of a BIG piece of SvDa  (Read 2958 times)

Offline ardy

• Members
Re: Death of a BIG piece of SvDa
« Reply #10 on: January 05, 2021, 04:50:31 AM »
I should have insisted that I do the cleaning and then it would have been ok. This stuff is getting really hard to find and having something break is well  - - -heatbreaking (even if I was going to sell mine).
Thanks, I'll keep an eye out for your glass and send me a mail for any A.S.
belated happy new year...
Clean and Crisp a Murano twist.
Archimede tops my list.

Offline kane_u_pain

• Members
  • I don't prood read or spell check!
    • SVdA, Japanese Glass
    • Sydney, Australia
« Reply #11 on: February 23, 2021, 11:21:56 PM »
Hi Ardy,

Just an FYI, since I have been off ebay for so long! I hadn't realized how bad it become with:

Fees
BIN GTC nightmare relisting every 30 days to gouge more money in the long run
ebay automatically jacking down the price by by 50% after 10 days of being listed so I have to go back into the listing to cancel this on every item
The extremely low free listings available per month to Australians compared to the rest of the world (this also depends on when you opened an account)
Charging final value fees on shipping
*the list goes on!

Then Australia Post now price gouging to pay for Cartier watches for senior management! Anything over 1kg & over 30cm in length now costs double-triple the price! But Aus post is a different story!

I am now moving sales over to facebook & instagram. Username will remain the same but will also directly email you regarding the A.S pieces you may be interested in. Back to square 1 in listing!

Cheers mate!

Offline ardy

• Members
« Reply #12 on: February 27, 2021, 11:55:51 PM »
Kane: I agrree re ebay as a buyer it is not as easy as it once was and most things can be bought cheaper at a shop BUT not A.S.
I was going to start a thread here about how ebay is getting almost impossible to look for Murano as the site is swamped with Chinese, Jewellery and painted pieces.

The last piece I bought was  perfume bottle by A.S. from the US and the shipping costs were almost as much as the cost of the item. Time for ebay to become just an online shop and not a bargain buyers market.
Clean and Crisp a Murano twist.
Archimede tops my list.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia
Visit the Online Glass Museum
link to glass museum

This website is provided by Angela Bowey, PO Box 113, Paihia 0247, New Zealand