Glass Discussion & Research. NO IDENTIFICATION REQUESTS here please. > Murano & Italy Glass

Death of a BIG piece of SvDa

<< < (2/3) > >>

chopin-liszt:
He was never in my price league. ;D

ardy:
Sue, I was just lucky when I started. A local guy was selling a large piece of glass I liked the look of and it turned out to be A.S.
As soon as I started looking for more by him the GFC hit and there was heaps of good glass being sold in the USA and our exchange rate and shipping were very reasonable. over the next 3 years I picked up many pieces of his for what is now pin money.
I am hoping that the collapse in the Western world economy will present me with another opportunity. It ain't here yet!

kane_u_pain:
Hi Ardy,

Keep an eye on AUS ebay. I am in the process of starting to sell my collection (500+ pieces) over the coming years. I have moved into rare plants (better returns) so I need the space and I haven't bought a piece of glass in about 3+ years (since my trip to Japan however long ago that was!). So out it goes! It has been a hard decision. I will only keep around 20 pieces (what I can fit into 1 glass cabinet).

Lots of SVdA & AS pieces from the 30's to 80's.

Cheers!

ardy:
Thanks Kane, what is your ebay name? Or contact me directly re the AS pieces at bobthomas896 AT yahoo DOT com

Mod: email address spam proofed. Always best to ask folk to click on your Email icon below your Username. Assuming you have set it in your Profile page to allow contact, then you will get an email via the GMB system, to which you can respond appropriately.

kane_u_pain:
Hi Ardy,

Username is: theartglasshouse

I will email you when I list the good A.S pieces as well. Getting through some English & Scandi now and a few non-essential SVd'A pieces.

Yes, my partner did the same thing the other week in destroying a huge rare Maurizio Albarelli Seguso floor vase...still devastated to this day as I will be unable to replace it! Worst of all...it was a piece I was going to keep!  ::)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version