No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: David Wilkinson Molineaux Webb petitioner bankruptcy on Samuel Seal April1849  (Read 1059 times)

Offline flying free

• Members
    • UK
Neil I don't know if you've seen this or want the information for the site re dating when David Wilkinson was part of MW.
https://sites.google.com/site/molwebbhistory/Home/people/david-wilkinson

I came across it accidentally.  It appears that in April 1849 (20th April?) David Wilkinson along with Thomas Molineaux and Thomas Webb were petitioners in a bankruptcy case against a Samuel Seal of Little Queen-street Holborn, a china, glass and earthenware dealer:
See page 30 under Seal
Source: Law Journal 1849

https://books.google.co.uk/books?id=J3cDAAAAQAAJ&pg=RA2-PA68&dq=glass+birmingham+1849+richardson&hl=en&sa=X&ved=2ahUKEwipt8OH5o3sAhWBsHEKHWVsBmgQ6AEwBHoECAMQAg#v=onepage&q=glass%20&f=false

Offline neilh

• Members
Yes thanks I have seen that before. I did a trawl of all the online newspapers, gazettes and google books etc and am sitting on a pile of clippings found over the years. I should mention I'm looking to write a book on Manchester glass with the help of a few fellow collectors. It is a few years away especially under current conditions. I haven't really updated my website much since 2015 and late next year, google is going to retire the old style google sites, at which point I may retire my website, unless converting to shiny new google sites is an easy piece of work.

Offline flying free

• Members
    • UK
Yikes, that would be a huge loss if you did.

I have no idea about tech stuff (currently using a 10 year old laptop and dithering about replacing it and still use what was known as a camera ... just a camera that takes photos, no other things available on it like ability to photoshop or make phone calls  ;D) otherwise I'd offer to help.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia
Visit the Online Glass Museum
link to glass museum

This website is provided by Angela Bowey, PO Box 113, Paihia 0247, New Zealand