No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: Can anyone identify huge Stuart bowl pattern designer ?  (Read 1818 times)

Offline allan_666

• Members
Can anyone identify huge Stuart bowl pattern designer ?
« on: October 17, 2020, 06:32:09 PM »
Can anyone identify this massive Stuart glass bowl measures 39cm wide by 13cm and weighs in excess of 6kg not sure haven’t got big enough scales. very thick glass .Very faint partial signature visible rt for Stuart and the e for England. Got this at the same I got the other huge Stuart vase I posted earlier. And looks around the same date 1920’s to 50’s .Looks like an exhibition piece not your average Stuart bowl by any means.Any info would be appreciated thanks .Pics were very clear but because I had to reduce and put in file they are blurred

Offline allan_666

• Members
Re: Can anyone identify huge Stuart bowl pattern designer ?
« Reply #1 on: October 17, 2020, 09:41:05 PM »
13cm high 39cm diameter purchased this from the same source the other huge very unusual Stuart vase posted earlier .Never seen any Stuart Crystal in this size weight and pattern before very impressive

Offline keith

• Members
« Reply #2 on: October 17, 2020, 11:14:47 PM »
Had a look through a pdf file I have of Stuart designs, can't see this or your other piece there, hope someone else can help.

Offline allan_666

• Members
« Reply #3 on: October 22, 2020, 09:00:13 PM »
Yes I have gone through all the patterns no joy also tried to contact the Stuart museum but not accepting emails or phone calls .I don’t mean to be rude but how are you supposed to find out on here if nobody appears to know or it seems more to the point that they only look at new postings and this one gets lost not sure how this works

Offline keith

• Members
« Reply #4 on: October 22, 2020, 11:18:42 PM »
If you don't mind I could show the picture to a Stuart collector and see what he says ?

Offline allan_666

• Members
« Reply #5 on: October 23, 2020, 02:31:29 PM »
Thanks Kieth that would be greatly appreciated and if you don’t mind also the other big vase I posted too very kind thank you

Offline keith

• Members
« Reply #6 on: October 24, 2020, 06:47:32 PM »
Can you tell which of these marks matches your pieces ?

Offline allan_666

• Members
« Reply #7 on: October 24, 2020, 10:13:13 PM »
Hi Can’t be sure as there’s only partial letters left as it’s covered in base wear . The vase I posted has a clear mark on the Pontil seen in the base pic

Offline allan_666

• Members
« Reply #8 on: October 24, 2020, 10:17:38 PM »
Sorry it’s not clear on the vase it’s got the middle signature with the loop on the t

Offline keith

• Members
« Reply #9 on: October 24, 2020, 11:15:54 PM »
That's a start, I'll see what he says and get back to you.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia
Visit the Online Glass Museum
link to glass museum

This website is provided by Angela Bowey, PO Box 113, Paihia 0247, New Zealand