No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: Murano glass authenticity/value  (Read 1680 times)

Offline oilev72

• Members
  • I'm new, please be gentle
    • murano glass
    • USA
Murano glass authenticity/value
« on: October 20, 2020, 03:24:10 PM »
Hi there! I bought these 2 pieces about 30 years ago at a high end discount store. They did, at one point, have a small red foil oval sticker on them that said Murano on it. Years of washing them removed them (rookie mistake I know- but I was in my late teens when I bought them). All the research I have done I cannot figure out a value on them. I know its millefiori and has the silver flakes in it, and also that the vase is "blooming flower". Pretty sure it is authentic, although there is no signature and the tag is now missing- not sure if that affects the value or not. The bottoms are rough from the pontil mark and there are air bubbles throughout each piece. Any help would be much appreciated! I want to sell them as they do not work with my home any longer. Thanks in advance!!

Offline ardy

• Members
Re: Murano glass authenticity/value
« Reply #1 on: October 24, 2020, 09:00:35 PM »
Have a look through the labels file here and see if you recognise the original label. It would help a lot.

Mod: Ardy is referring to: Murano 101: Murano Labels!!! (a sticky topic at the top of this Forum).
Clean and Crisp a Murano twist.
Archimede tops my list.

Offline oilev72

• Members
  • I'm new, please be gentle
    • murano glass
    • USA
« Reply #2 on: October 25, 2020, 06:38:38 PM »
It was this type of sticker

Offline ardy

• Members
« Reply #3 on: November 27, 2020, 08:18:22 PM »
Oilev: unfortunately that is a generic label that several manufacturers used. If you are sure that this is it then it is back to the features etc and that is tricky as many made similar lines if it was popular. Someone here might recognise them but it ain't me!
Clean and Crisp a Murano twist.
Archimede tops my list.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia
Visit the Online Glass Museum
link to glass museum

This website is provided by Angela Bowey, PO Box 113, Paihia 0247, New Zealand