No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: Does a 'clear background with green writing' Orrefors label mean it's a second?  (Read 1309 times)

Offline JenG

• Members
  • I'm new, please be gentle
    • Orrefors
    • Australia
Hi, newbie here. Have searched everywhere for hours and hours but can't find an answer. Can anyone tell me if an Orrefors stemware label (1987/88) that has a clear background with green writing on it, means the item is a second? Also does it mean that if something is a second (stemware) it has very limited value even if it 'looks' perfect?

Offline SveziaJonas

• Members
  • From Murano to Sweden
    • Murano
    • Sweden
Hello,
Have not seen this one before.
Green usually mean Secunda in all Orrefors and maybe this is for export or a very new one?
But I don’t understand why they should ship second sort glas around the globe?
Do you have a Picture of the full object, then we can see if it is an object that is normaly signed.
Regards
Jonas

Offline JenG

• Members
  • I'm new, please be gentle
    • Orrefors
    • Australia
Thank you! More photos attached that will hopefully help. A complete set (later separated up) was purchased from the factory in Sweden as a wedding present and shipped to Australia as a gift in 1987/1988. I stupidly removed all but one sticker label about 10 years ago. I think the stemware is from the 'Illusion' range, although the large 'goblet' sized glasses (in one of the photos) seem to be from a different collection (?).

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia
Visit the Online Glass Museum
link to glass museum

This website is provided by Angela Bowey, PO Box 113, Paihia 0247, New Zealand