No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: yet more old Swedish catalogues from The Swe glass museum  (Read 1985 times)

Offline kerstinfroberg

• Members
  • I'm foreign, please be gentle
    • Sweden
    • the Swedish museum of glass machines
yet more old Swedish catalogues from The Swe glass museum
« on: February 19, 2021, 03:09:09 PM »
I made this a new topic, because theey are found in a different place.

Swdish glass museum (correct name Kulturparken Småland) has published some old Orrefors catalogues at digitaltmuseum.se
Due to the somewhat primitive search terms I have created a search string that should work:  https://digitaltmuseum.se/search/?q=produktkatalog+++orrefors&aq=owner%3F%3A%22S-KPS%22
That should yield 12 hits of old Orrefors catalogues (as of today) - to get at them, click on one at a time, scroll down about halfway to find Nedladdningar, Länkade filer (and a filename, for the first hit  Priskurant 629863) Click on that, and the .pdf should appear in a new window. You can then save it to your computer.

(Note: if you try with for example Kosta instead, you will get hits of all glass items which have the word "produktkatalog" in their descriptions. I tried with several other names of glassworks, and came up with nothing catalogue-like)

Offline essi

• Members
    • all eras of w/friars and scand
    • england
Re: yet more old Swedish catalogues from The Swe glass museum
« Reply #1 on: February 19, 2021, 08:55:46 PM »
Thank you Kerstin for uploading the catalogues.
I just downloaded the last catalogue, Swedish association special number. It is packed with the very best of Orrefors glass and glass
engraving ,a real treat.
By the way kerstin did you ever find any examples of hotel glassware engraved by the machines you have in your museum?
Tim

Offline Anne

• GMB Tech Support Manager & "Board (never bored) Dame"
  • Global Moderator
  • Members
  • I has a stick to poke the server with yes!
    • Glass trinket sets
    • Cumbria England
    • My Glass Collection
« Reply #2 on: February 20, 2021, 02:20:56 AM »
Thank you Kerstin, these are fascinating and useful.  I did find a 1928 catalogue for Kosta with a bit of searching too https://digitaltmuseum.se/021028777572/priskurant
Cheers! Anne, da tekniqual wizzerd
~ Glass Trinket Sets ~ GlassLinks ~ GlasSpeak ~ GlassGallery 
 ~  Glassoholic Blog ~ Glassoholic Gallery ~

Offline kerstinfroberg

• Members
  • I'm foreign, please be gentle
    • Sweden
    • the Swedish museum of glass machines
« Reply #3 on: February 20, 2021, 11:36:55 AM »
I did toy with the idea to download all of them and place them on our website - but then I decided they (Museum of glass) deserved credit for their new policy :-)

Anne - the Kosta catalogue is identical to the one we have on the website, dated 1926.

Essi -no, I still haven't found any British hotel glasses. I did visit the Savoy and found they have a (small) room with historical artifacts, but unfortunately no glasses. It turned out that they cleared out a cupboard with old glasses many years ago...
Which means I still am looking!
(and, just for the record, they are/were acid etched, not engraved)

Offline Anne

• GMB Tech Support Manager & "Board (never bored) Dame"
  • Global Moderator
  • Members
  • I has a stick to poke the server with yes!
    • Glass trinket sets
    • Cumbria England
    • My Glass Collection
« Reply #4 on: February 21, 2021, 08:39:52 PM »
Kerstin, yes I realised that after I'd downloaded it and looked through it - as I'd already checked yours out. :) Better twice than never though.  8)
Cheers! Anne, da tekniqual wizzerd
~ Glass Trinket Sets ~ GlassLinks ~ GlasSpeak ~ GlassGallery 
 ~  Glassoholic Blog ~ Glassoholic Gallery ~

Offline flying free

• Members
    • UK
« Reply #5 on: July 27, 2021, 09:22:03 PM »
Kerstin thank you for adding these links.  They're a fantastic resource.  I don't collect Scandinavian glass but it's great to see comparative designs.

I'm looking for some help on some tiny bowls (nut bowls? or possibly individual ashtrays although they are just circular with no indents) which I think are by Lindstrand and engraved by Arne Lindahl from 1931. They're soda glass with a black foot.  Are there any catalogues showing designs from this time frame do you know please?  I believe they were a series of Olympic sporting events.  I only have 4 I think there must have been at least 8 different engraved designs given that each has a different design number on the base.

I've done a thorough search and check through Orrefors and Sandvig and can't see anything similar with these designs on.  There was one cone shape glass with a black foot sold in the UK but the engraved design isn't the same series.

Thank you for any help you might be able to give :)

m

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia
Visit the Online Glass Museum
link to glass museum

This website is provided by Angela Bowey, PO Box 113, Paihia 0247, New Zealand