No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: The Wonderful World of Paperweights  (Read 2766 times)

Offline paperweight novice

• Members
  • I'm new, please be gentle
    • Jersey
The Wonderful World of Paperweights
« on: March 29, 2021, 08:02:44 AM »
Hello there, just wanted to introduce myself. I have been lucky enough to inherit a wonderful collection of vintage paperweights. I'm starting to learn about the makers and the art. I can't keep them all so am going to be selling a few off on eBay. I mostly don't know the names or maker, so have listed them generically, under "Vintage Paperweight . If anyone is interested to see... there are at this link.

Thank you and I look forward to learning from the forum!

https://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/snow-oh-yo/m.html?item=294090145496&hash=item4479237ed8%3Ag%3Au3AAAOSwGcRgYLuW&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2562

Support the Glass Message Board by finding a book via book-seek.com

Offline KevinH

• Global Moderator
  • Members
    • England
Re: The Wonderful World of Paperweights
« Reply #1 on: March 29, 2021, 03:40:08 PM »
Hi "paperweight novice", welcome to the Board.

I have moved your thread to this forum as it offers items for sale. I am wondering what you mean by "Vintage" and "Antique". Within the weights you have listed, none are "Antique" if we use the definition of "100 years old". I think the closest you have to "Antique" is the  one for which you have added an image to this thead.

For the other weights you have, please feel free to post them in the Paperweights forum for ID information if you require it. But please post one item per thread otherwise it gets complicated when comments for several items are given in the same thread.
KevinH

Support the Glass Message Board by finding glass through glass-seek.com

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia
Visit the Online Glass Museum
link to glass museum

This website is provided by Angela Bowey, PO Box 113, Paihia 0247, New Zealand