No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: Poss. Greener unmarked dish, ideas welcome.  (Read 1650 times)

Offline Paul S.

• Members
Re: Poss. Greener unmarked dish, ideas welcome.
« Reply #10 on: September 14, 2021, 03:27:27 PM »
I hate to suggest the obvious Lindsey, but if the Sunderland Museum are quoting a provenance of 'Made in Sunderland', might it be an idea to ask them as to their source for this comment?

Offline LinzC

• Members
    • NE England Glass History
    • UK
    • Heart of Glass
« Reply #11 on: September 25, 2021, 11:06:58 AM »
In the Tyne and Wear archives they have it listed as Mathew Turnbull (sic), but they also have a Sowerby trinket set attributed to Mathew Turnbull too.  ::) So, I'm assuming that is where the attribution for it being Sunderland Glass comes from, without them claiming Turnbull as the manufacturer.  They are both of part of the collective Tyne and Wear Archives and Museums.

I do point out the occasional oddity to them ;) , and have asked them if they can clarify the source of their attributions in the past, but last time they said they were working restricted hours and had restricted access due to Covid. 

It's possible I could start harassing them again  :P , but not sure if it might put them off from liaising with me on my vocational project next year (she says hopefully).

Offline LinzC

• Members
    • NE England Glass History
    • UK
    • Heart of Glass
« Reply #12 on: September 25, 2021, 11:08:21 AM »
I meant to clarify that, Sunderland Museum and T&W Archives are both of part of the collective Tyne and Wear Archives and Museums.

Offline Paul S.

• Members
« Reply #13 on: September 25, 2021, 11:37:36 AM »
thanks Lindsey, appreciate your comments   -  might be wiser not to overdo the harassing if you feel you may need their help in some way, and no doubt like many such institutions they are probably finding life difficult  at the moment.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia
Visit the Online Glass Museum
link to glass museum

This website is provided by Angela Bowey, PO Box 113, Paihia 0247, New Zealand