Glass Discussion & Research. NO IDENTIFICATION REQUESTS here please. > Scandinavian Glass

Just for show, Strombergshyttan.

<< < (2/2)

chopin-liszt:
 ;D
She's not living somewhere she speaks English all the time now. Out of practise. And expecting a baby any day now. We noticed the error. I think we can forgive her.  :)

essi:
Thanks to Sue and Kerstin for the information.
Interesting to get a local Swedish perspective on the subtleties of how the language may be used.
One small point, the vase is quarter a of an inch (6.35mm) shorter in height than the stated catalogue size.
Would this make it a second or is that within working tolerances?
Kerstin, are you on the Stromberg Facebook site ?. is it worth signing up to Facebook for that site?.
Thanks again,
Tim

kerstinfroberg:
Tim, I'm not on facebook at all - but from what I have heard, you wouldn't be qualified... (and neither would I)
I've heard it is for "us who grew up in Strbh when there was still a glassworks" kind of group (but what do I know, really?)

"A little shorter" makes me guess ir was "saved" one way or other - but I just guess, here. Or maybe the awardee (is that a word?) dropped it, and had it ground down? - we'll probably never know...

inca:
Tim,
I'm on Facebook, I'm a member of the group 'Strömbergshyttan glass'. It's a helpful and friendly group. A good resource for info on Strömbergshyttan.

Kerstin, I don't know where you got your strange 'info' from about this group.

kerstinfroberg:
Inca, by sitting next to some of them at some kind of "do" at then local library...

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version