No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: ID help for new collector - Cristiano duck  (Read 2215 times)

Offline Dorismite

• Members
  • I'm new, please be gentle
    • Ducks and birds
    • New Zealand
ID help for new collector - Cristiano duck
« on: April 24, 2021, 11:34:47 PM »
Hi team

I very excitedly bought 2 pieces of glass from a collectibles market this weekend.
My favourite animals are ducks and birds and this was the only glass duck at the whole market.
I can’t find anything with Cristiano as a glass name, and am thinking it’s a souvenir or copy type ornament perhaps (like an imitation Murano)?
It stands about 12cm tall and has a purple / cranberry coloured swirl through it.
There are no signatures, marks, other features.
The label looks like it might have been blue in a past life and has faded to silver.
Any help gratefully accepted. I’m just a brand new baby first time collector and am very keen to learn. Even if I’ve been sold a whoopsies then that would be great.(This might be my whoopsies item this time but I still love it because it’s a duck so I won’t take any bad news to heart!).

Support the Glass Message Board by finding a book via book-seek.com

Offline NevB

• Members
    • uranium glass
    • England
Re: ID help for new collector - Cristiano duck
« Reply #1 on: April 25, 2021, 10:37:33 AM »
https://sites.google.com/site/muranozoo/birds-by-v-nason     Here's a link to the Murano Zoo. Yours might be by Nason but it's worth checking the rest of site.
"I hear you're a racist now father!" Father Ted.

Support the Glass Message Board by finding glass through glass-seek.com

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia
Visit the Online Glass Museum
link to glass museum

This website is provided by Angela Bowey, PO Box 113, Paihia 0247, New Zealand