No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Linked Events

• Mdina Vase advice: May 08, 2021

Author Topic: Help and advice with a Mdina Vase by Micheal Harris please  (Read 4415 times)

Offline JayG

• Members
  • I'm new, please be gentle
    • A valuation
    • United Kingdom
Hello, I am asking for any advice regarding a beautiful Mdina Vase by Micheal Harris. It has been in my family for many years and my sister and I feel it's time to consider selling it. I have come across one online which sold for a high price yet we are unsure where to sell it and for how much?

We have this information on it and would appreciate any further advice from members please.

An uncommon and influential large glass bottle vase designed by Royal College of Art lecturer and Maltese Glass Industries – soon rechristened Mdina Glass – founder Michael Harris (1933-1994). Inspired by Scandinavian artisans and environs while abroad, Mr. Harris originated and perfected the cased glass bark texture technique so strikingly exhibited here in signature colors evocative of the waters around Malta. This aesthetic was quickly appropriated and popularized by the more established Whitefriars Glass of England.

Creator
Michael Harris (Designer),
Mdina (Manufacturer)
Dimensions
Height: 14 in. (35.56 cm)
Width: 5 in. (12.7 cm)
Depth: 4.5 in. (11.43 cm)
Style
Mid-Century Modern (Of the Period)
Materials and Techniques
Art Glass
Place of Origin
Malta
Period
1960-1969
Date of Manufacture

Thank you
https://www.1stdibs.co.uk/furniture/decorative-objects/vases-vessels/vases/large-mdina-glass-textured-vase-michael-harris/id-f_3164723/

Support the Glass Message Board by finding a book via book-seek.com

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia
Visit the Online Glass Museum
link to glass museum

This website is provided by Angela Bowey, PO Box 113, Paihia 0247, New Zealand