Glass Mall > Glass Market Place

Help and advice with a Mdina Vase by Micheal Harris please

(1/1)

JayG:
Hello, I am asking for any advice regarding a beautiful Mdina Vase by Micheal Harris. It has been in my family for many years and my sister and I feel it's time to consider selling it. I have come across one online which sold for a high price yet we are unsure where to sell it and for how much?

We have this information on it and would appreciate any further advice from members please.

An uncommon and influential large glass bottle vase designed by Royal College of Art lecturer and Maltese Glass Industries – soon rechristened Mdina Glass – founder Michael Harris (1933-1994). Inspired by Scandinavian artisans and environs while abroad, Mr. Harris originated and perfected the cased glass bark texture technique so strikingly exhibited here in signature colors evocative of the waters around Malta. This aesthetic was quickly appropriated and popularized by the more established Whitefriars Glass of England.

Creator
Michael Harris (Designer),
Mdina (Manufacturer)
Dimensions
Height: 14 in. (35.56 cm)
Width: 5 in. (12.7 cm)
Depth: 4.5 in. (11.43 cm)
Style
Mid-Century Modern (Of the Period)
Materials and Techniques
Art Glass
Place of Origin
Malta
Period
1960-1969
Date of Manufacture

Thank you
https://www.1stdibs.co.uk/furniture/decorative-objects/vases-vessels/vases/large-mdina-glass-textured-vase-michael-harris/id-f_3164723/

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version