No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: Black Pressed Glass Tea 'Caddy' - Help Needed! :)  (Read 1427 times)

Offline thewingedsphinx

• Members
    • Victorian pressed glass
    • United Kingdom
Re: Black Pressed Glass Tea 'Caddy' - Help Needed! :)
« Reply #10 on: June 06, 2021, 08:54:14 PM »
My fathers got a black one of these, there still not attributed to anyone but I think the lead candidate is Heppell?
It has a sharp intricate pattern and colours also match Heppell known pieces.
Cheers Mike

Support the Glass Message Board by finding a book via book-seek.com

Offline nicola

• Members
« Reply #11 on: June 12, 2021, 11:46:15 AM »
It’s beautiful, I have it in white.
I have a feeling it could be one of the big three - Sowerby, Davidson or Greener. Each one had designs featuring twigs for lids and naturalistic decorations, my hunch is that it is probably not Greener because the quality is really good.
Here is it in the Lattimore book where it goes unattributed but a lovely example of highly detailed work.

Support the Glass Message Board by finding glass through glass-seek.com

Offline BobW

• Members
  • I'm new, please be gentle
    • Pressed Glass
    • United Kingdom
« Reply #12 on: June 12, 2021, 10:30:48 PM »
Nicola

It is a nice pice with sharp detail  :)

Out of curiosity, does yours have a centre divider? The white ones I've managed to view on t'internet do have but my black one doesn't - not even a groove for a removable divider.

Cheers for the response, with a bit of luck we may get to the bottom of this one!  :D

Support the Glass Message Board by finding a book via book-seek.com

Offline nicola

• Members
« Reply #13 on: June 23, 2021, 01:16:36 PM »
Yes, mine has a divider. It might be one that you’ve seen already as I bought it last year, it had a chip on the corner which I fixed with Milliput. I remember seeing another about 10 years ago at the Birmingham Glass Fair and that was black but I can’t remember the inside. What’s the underside of yours like? Mine has two ridges underneath.

Support the Glass Message Board by finding glass through glass-seek.com

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia
Visit the Online Glass Museum
link to glass museum

This website is provided by Angela Bowey, PO Box 113, Paihia 0247, New Zealand