No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: Jobling 2602 Blue Bowl  (Read 861 times)

Offline NevB

• Members
    • uranium glass
    • England
Jobling 2602 Blue Bowl
« on: May 30, 2021, 03:07:22 PM »
This is a Jobling 2602 bowl generally known as "Bird of Paradise" pattern. It has a registered number which is illegible but should read 806062 from 28/8/35. From previous posts it is one of their scarce patterns. It is frosted on the outside clear on the inside with the birds moulded to form the feet. Size is 8 1/2" x 3 1/2" 
"I hear you're a racist now father!" Father Ted.

Offline chopin-liszt

• Members
    • Scotland, Europe.
Re: Jobling 2602 Blue Bowl
« Reply #1 on: May 30, 2021, 04:02:22 PM »
I want the lampshade in opalescent glass in this pattern. I know somebody with one and they won't give it to me, the rotten meanie. ;D
Unfortunately, I think it only comes in this size, not the bigger size the Compton Rose does.  :'(
Cheers, Sue M. (she/her)

Earth without art is just eh.

Offline NevB

• Members
    • uranium glass
    • England
« Reply #2 on: May 30, 2021, 04:27:31 PM »
Sue, it's a pity the bowl doesn't display very well unless it's held up to the light, I'd imagine the lampshade is much better.
"I hear you're a racist now father!" Father Ted.

Offline chopin-liszt

• Members
    • Scotland, Europe.
« Reply #3 on: May 30, 2021, 05:45:41 PM »
There's nothing to stop you displaying it upside down, or on a stand that presents the base towards you.
It is the most beautiful of the Jobling designs, (in my opinion). And very hard to find.
Cheers, Sue M. (she/her)

Earth without art is just eh.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia
Visit the Online Glass Museum
link to glass museum

This website is provided by Angela Bowey, PO Box 113, Paihia 0247, New Zealand