No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: Need Information On Baccarat Vase  (Read 3471 times)

Offline Ginbri

• Members
  • I'm new, please be gentle
    • United States
Need Information On Baccarat Vase
« on: June 13, 2021, 12:06:02 AM »
I’m a new reader to this forum… Learning some amazing things. And I just wondered if someone out there might be able to help me with some information on a Baccarat vase that I own. It’s a really cool piece and I can find nothing online so far about this piece. It is a red and gold vase which measures approximately 11 1/2 inches tall and has an opening diameter of about 4 1/2 inches. It is emblazoned with this beautiful gold eagle with a crown sitting over its head and there are some fern looking fronds/leaves which adorn the top and the bottom of the vase. It is etch signed on the bottom with the circle and the goblet and says Baccarat France and then underneath the circle it has etched 12/100. So I’m wondering if this is an extremely limited piece due to the fact that I can’t find it anywhere and if that’s what the 12/100 means.

Thank you for any help. I will attempt to attach a photo.

Offline tucker

• Members
  • I'm new, please be gentle
    • Glass animals and figurines
    • Austin, TX
Re: Need Information On Baccarat Vase
« Reply #1 on: August 09, 2021, 11:24:17 AM »
Hi, I think it's something from the '90s. My grandmother used to have a lot of Baccarat from '80s and '70s collections but I don't remember something similar to that. Though, last time I've been there to buy villa in Cannes. I've seen a similar piece in one of the houses I have visited.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia
Visit the Online Glass Museum
link to glass museum

This website is provided by Angela Bowey, PO Box 113, Paihia 0247, New Zealand