No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: Large uranium blue swirl teardrop glass shade ID  (Read 704 times)

Offline Buzz

• Members
  • I'm new, please be gentle
    • Uranium
    • Central USA
Large uranium blue swirl teardrop glass shade ID
« on: June 15, 2021, 12:21:50 AM »
Hi everyone,
I recently inherited a glass lamp which I have loved ever since I was young.  This was my Grandparents, and I know they had it since at least the early 1970s.  I don't know much about it other than it's uranium glass and it appears that it was once a ceiling fixture.  My grandparents always had it as a desk lamp with a blue light bulb in it so I will keep it that way. 

Total measurement of lamp and base is 15"  Glass and base have no manufacturing markings on it, and I believe the base is brass.  Socket is Snapit.  Other than all the info I have given you I have no idea where this came from/who made it/how old it is.  I have no intentions on selling it but I would like to get info on its origins if possible though I know that may be difficult due to no manufacturing markings.  Any insight from you would be very much appreciated.

Thank you!
Buzz

Support the Glass Message Board by finding a book via book-seek.com

Offline Buzz

• Members
    • Uranium
    • Central USA
Re: Large uranium blue swirl teardrop glass shade ID
« Reply #1 on: June 15, 2021, 12:23:50 AM »
A few more photos

Support the Glass Message Board by finding glass through glass-seek.com

Offline NevB

• Members
    • uranium glass
    • England
« Reply #2 on: June 15, 2021, 02:10:26 PM »
Nice lampshade  ;D, you are right about the lamp base, it appears to have been put together from various pieces. I think the shade is probably French, I found this one online, No.34.

https://www.glas-musterbuch.de/Markhbeinn-1921-Beleuchtung.79+B6YmFja1BJRD03OSZwcm9kdWN0SUQ9MzQ0NCZwaWRfcHJvZHVjdD03OSZkZXRhaWw9.0.html

It's perhaps not identical but is very similar, which is somewhere to start, the name translates as "Venetian spinning top".
"I hear you're a racist now father!" Father Ted.

Support the Glass Message Board by finding a book via book-seek.com

Offline Buzz

• Members
    • Uranium
    • Central USA
« Reply #3 on: June 15, 2021, 11:49:13 PM »
Nev, thank you SO much for that photo!  You're right, it's somewhere to start.  And as I am aware I may never crack the mystery as to all the info on the shade (and where/why my grandparents got it at), this link will help me.

Again, I appreciate your reply :)

--Buzz

Support the Glass Message Board by finding glass through glass-seek.com

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia
Visit the Online Glass Museum
link to glass museum

This website is provided by Angela Bowey, PO Box 113, Paihia 0247, New Zealand