No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: Selling Glass in UK  (Read 3043 times)

Offline carolinemcpartland

• Members
  • I'm new, please be gentle
    • Glass
    • UK
Selling Glass in UK
« on: June 25, 2021, 10:43:44 AM »
Hi Due to my mother's recent death we have inherited a large collection of vintage glass. Can you point us in the right direction where we could sell this or get it identified. Based in South East London.  Would like sell in one or two lots if possible. Mainly Green and Pink vintage glass collection - possibly Walther and Sohne. Any help greatly appreciated.

Support the Glass Message Board by finding a book via book-seek.com

Offline NevB

• Members
    • uranium glass
    • England
Re: Selling Glass in UK
« Reply #1 on: June 28, 2021, 09:13:26 AM »
Hello, you could try posting some group photos in Glass Market Place to see if there's anything of interest to local collectors, postage costs are often prohibitive. Of course there's always Ebay, but I assume you would much prefer to sell the collection as job lots. I don't think I would recommend auctions as glass often sells very cheaply on them if it's not identified correctly.
"I hear you're a racist now father!" Father Ted.

Support the Glass Message Board by finding glass through glass-seek.com

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia
Visit the Online Glass Museum
link to glass museum

This website is provided by Angela Bowey, PO Box 113, Paihia 0247, New Zealand