No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: Imperial marigold carnival 'Windmill' bowl.  (Read 4294 times)

Offline Lustrousstone

• Members
    • Warrington, UK
    • My Gallery
Re: Imperial marigold carnival 'Windmill' bowl.
« Reply #10 on: July 31, 2021, 07:56:22 PM »
You are more likely to find and old one in the UK that the repros. It's probably sat in a cupboard for a 100 years

Offline Paul S.

• Members
« Reply #11 on: July 31, 2021, 08:36:07 PM »
well, that clinches it  ............      I'll advertise it as being c. 1915 - in pristine nick - been in Granny's cupboard for a century - and provenanced by Lustrousstone  -  any advance on one hundred dollars. ;) ;)                   Not a bad return on two quid. ;D

Offline flying free

• Members
    • UK
« Reply #12 on: July 31, 2021, 08:51:22 PM »
and you can point to the evidence from the Carnival Glass site I linked to which says that contemporary examples are marked and yours is not marked :)

Offline Paul S.

• Members
« Reply #13 on: August 01, 2021, 08:13:48 AM »
thanks m  -  v. much appreciate the advice, but I was only joking about selling  -  have to say I'm lazy and it's likely that after this one has sat on the bookcase for a month or so it will simply go back to the charity shop - at my age I'm trying to cultivate a philosophy of not having too many possessions. ;D

Offline Lustrousstone

• Members
    • Warrington, UK
    • My Gallery
« Reply #14 on: August 01, 2021, 10:02:05 AM »
Unfortunately, if you weren't to lazy to sell, they aren't worth much. Loads of them were shipped to the UK LOL

Offline Paul S.

• Members
« Reply #15 on: August 01, 2021, 10:12:21 AM »
well, yes, that does just about sum up the sort of luck I have  -  marigold seems to be the most common colour too, with the greens and blues less so.            When I first took an interest in glass - more years ago than I care to remember - carnival was popular and some of the pieces made big money, but prices seem to have bottomed a long time back now, though perhaps they still command some money on the other side of the pond.                             A very big thanks for sending me 'lots of love'  ;) ;) ;)

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia
Visit the Online Glass Museum
link to glass museum

This website is provided by Angela Bowey, PO Box 113, Paihia 0247, New Zealand