No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: Satin Art Nouveau style moulded vase - ID = VLG  (Read 2380 times)

Offline chasdevlin

• Members
    • 20th century glass
    • UK
Satin Art Nouveau style moulded vase - ID = VLG
« on: August 30, 2021, 03:33:10 PM »
Hi
Could do with some help on this one. A moulded vase with a decoration of roses and leaves. Art Nouveau in style, if not period ( I assume 30s to 50s for this.).Made from a four part mould ( I think..it's pretty well disguised) with a star cut base. Grey-blue satin glass. Britain, France or Czechoslovakia all seem prime ossibilities, but am not sure on maker. Did find another on an image search, but it was for a sold listing and the title  gave no indication of maker.
Any ideas? It does seem a good quality thing.

Offline Paul S.

• Members
Re: Satin Art Nouveau style moulded vase ID
« Reply #1 on: August 30, 2021, 04:03:48 PM »
Hi - it has a Joblinesque appearance, but assume you've looked through the Board's Jobling encyclopedia without luck?                     Another avenue you might try is Pamela's Wessendorf's pressglas-pavillon.de

Offline chasdevlin

• Members
    • 20th century glass
    • UK
« Reply #2 on: August 30, 2021, 04:09:47 PM »
Hi Paul
Jobling was one of the names I thought of and  did do an image search. Don't think I've looked at your specific link though, do you mean the glassencyclopedia? There's only a couple of photos to see in that link.
Cheers Geraint.

Offline Paul S.

• Members
« Reply #3 on: August 30, 2021, 04:11:39 PM »
sorry for the confusion Geraint  -  me being over wordy  -  I meant the GMB illustrated list of Jobling glass.            I've also added Pamela's site to my suggestions - don't know if you've been there yet.

Offline Mosquito

• Members
    • 中国 (China)
    • Jobling Art Glass
« Reply #4 on: August 30, 2021, 11:38:20 PM »
Not Jobling, but I’m sure I’ve seen this one before: I’m thinking VLG possibly. I’ll have a see what I can dig up...

Edited to add: Definitely VLG, found it on Glas-musterbuch.de
VLG 1935 catalogue, page 45, Nr. 477

Offline chasdevlin

• Members
    • 20th century glass
    • UK
« Reply #5 on: August 31, 2021, 07:13:20 AM »
Thank you so much Steven, that's wonderful. I shall enjoy finding out more on the factory.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia
Visit the Online Glass Museum
link to glass museum

This website is provided by Angela Bowey, PO Box 113, Paihia 0247, New Zealand