No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: Cased glass vase pushed in base??  (Read 1292 times)

Offline Cloud

• Members
  • I'm new, please be gentle
    • Turn of the century glass
    • United Kingdon
Cased glass vase pushed in base??
« on: September 27, 2021, 10:29:35 PM »
This type of glass is really not my field, so it could simply be modern manufacture, but I feel that the quality to be somewhat too good. And why such a strange pushed in base?

Would anyone have any thoughts as to who the manufacturer might be and why the base was done in this way.

Two images attached.

With many thanks in advance for any thoughts

Cloud

Offline Cloud

• Members
    • United Kingdon
Re: Cased glass vase pushed in base??
« Reply #1 on: September 28, 2021, 12:10:34 AM »
I am guessing now looking at the boards that I have posted this in the wrong place. Can anyone tell me how to move this to the correct section of the board please, or should I simply delete and re-upload in the correct section? With many thanks

Offline Wayne

• Members
    • 20th Century Glass
« Reply #2 on: September 28, 2021, 07:55:10 AM »
The "base" is actually the top, it is a candle holder by Orrefors, designed by Owe Elvén, pattern name "Eternell". They come in a few sizes and colours. Here is one I had a while back with a label:

https://www.20thcenturyglass.com/store/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=275_279_355&products_id=7926

Offline Cloud

• Members
    • United Kingdon
« Reply #3 on: September 28, 2021, 10:56:34 PM »
This is really kind of you, thank you for all of the detail. I think, actually, whatever it was designed to function as, it looks better the other way up so that you can appreciated the layers of glass but, anyway, mystery solved, very grateful.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia
Visit the Online Glass Museum
link to glass museum

This website is provided by Angela Bowey, PO Box 113, Paihia 0247, New Zealand