No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: Schneider Champagne Bucket  (Read 701 times)

Offline Devon

• Members
  • I'm new, please be gentle
    • England
Schneider Champagne Bucket
« on: October 05, 2021, 03:57:20 PM »
Hi Everyone,

My first post, and in advance thanks for anyone reading this and if they can help me. Anton of Isle of Wight Glass put me onto this site as he wasn't able to help me identify my champagne bucket. (very envious of his superb collection of Isle of Wight glass).

It is marked as 'Schneider', but do not know if this is correct or not. From what I have seen not really the style. Though it does look to be an authentic champagne bucket in the Deco style and could be of that era, but I have no way of knowing. From the small dinks and scratches on the inside it does look like it has had the use for what it was designed for.

Anyhow will be interested if anyone can provide any information.

Support the Glass Message Board by finding a book via book-seek.com

Offline Anne

• GMB Tech Support Manager & "Board (never bored) Dame"
  • Global Moderator
  • Members
  • I has a stick to poke the server with yes!
    • Glass trinket sets
    • Cumbria England
    • My Glass Collection
Re: Schneider Champagne Bucket
« Reply #1 on: October 06, 2021, 11:11:39 PM »
Hello and welcome to the board. Thank you for adding a photo and size info, that's essential info. Could you also please add a close up photo of the base so we can see how it's finished, and a clear image of the Schneider mark as well please. These would help us to help you. Thanks.
Cheers! Anne, da tekniqual wizzerd
~ Glass Trinket Sets ~ GlassLinks ~ GlasSpeak ~ GlassGallery 
 ~  Glassoholic Blog ~ Glassoholic Gallery ~

Support the Glass Message Board by finding glass through glass-seek.com

Offline Devon

• Members
  • I'm new, please be gentle
    • England
Re: Schneider Champagne Bucket
« Reply #2 on: October 07, 2021, 07:24:56 AM »
Hi Anne,

Have put the photo of the signature. Bit of additional information. The bucket is heavy, very think glass, so definitely made to be used and not as an ornament. Looking at the scratching on the inside the bucket has had a life doing what it was supposed to do. My guess is more likely to be owned by an upmarket hotel or restaurant.   

Support the Glass Message Board by finding a book via book-seek.com

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia
Visit the Online Glass Museum
link to glass museum

This website is provided by Angela Bowey, PO Box 113, Paihia 0247, New Zealand