No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: Stuart St. George Dating  (Read 598 times)

Offline lily3405

• Members
  • I'm new, please be gentle
    • Canada
Stuart St. George Dating
« on: October 20, 2021, 11:05:13 PM »
Good evening. I am trying to determine the date for some Stuart champagne glasses which are St. George pattern. Any help regarding when they were produced would be greatly appreciated. Thank you

Support the Glass Message Board by finding a book via book-seek.com

Offline Paul S.

• Members
Re: Stuart St. George Dating
« Reply #1 on: October 21, 2021, 08:17:21 AM »
Hi - welcome to the GMB :)             I don't know that just the name is going to be sufficient for folk here to know exactly which design/pattern we're speaking of  -  if it's at all possible are you able to add a picture or two?  -  if nothing else it will be of interest to know if these are saucers/coupes or flutes.             Many designs were produced for many years, and Stuart is a good example of that  -  some of the 1920s patterns - Woodchester and Stratford Rings for example, were produced for many decades.                   Assume your request is to know when St. George was first made.
Giving patterns a name - in addition to the factory pattern No. - is possible more a modern feature - maybe possibly a post '70s thing.

Personally, I've never heard of St. George (as in Stuart glass), and this may be a very difficult request to solve - and in this instance I doubt that the Replacements web sites are going to be of any help.    Fingers crossed someone here may be able to help.         

The Mods may wish to move this one to British and Irish glass.       

Support the Glass Message Board by finding glass through glass-seek.com

Offline lily3405

• Members
  • I'm new, please be gentle
    • Canada
« Reply #2 on: October 21, 2021, 11:21:34 AM »
Thank you. My photo is too large to upload. Will have to work to minimize it. The pattern is listed on Replacements as a Stuart pattern with a drawing but simply says discontinued and the water glass drawing says unavailable. I would be looking for the year production began and for this pattern and when it stopped if possible. Thank you.

Offline Paul S.

• Members
« Reply #3 on: October 21, 2021, 01:41:48 PM »
regret I'm not techie enough to help much with your problems with re-sizing  -  other than to say that I have used the IrfanView re-sizing programme  -  free to download - for years now, and it works a treat for me.     As for size of the image, it seems you must make the first dimension either c. 700 or c. 900, with the other dimension suitably less.           It's predictable that the pattern might be found on Replacements.com, but as I thought, it's probably a non-starter to find the specific information you request.            I hate to be pessimistic, and hope I'm proven wrong - fingers crossed.     

May we ask please, is there a particular reason for needing these details. :)

Support the Glass Message Board by finding glass through glass-seek.com

Offline Anne

• GMB Tech Support Manager & "Board (never bored) Dame"
  • Global Moderator
  • Members
  • I has a stick to poke the server with yes!
    • Glass trinket sets
    • Cumbria England
    • My Glass Collection
« Reply #4 on: October 21, 2021, 04:41:06 PM »
Hi and welcome to the board lily3405. If you're still struggling to add images please email copies to me and I'll resize them and add them to your topic for you. support @ glassmessages.com will find me. (Don't forget to close up the spaces around the @!)
Cheers! Anne, da tekniqual wizzerd
~ Glass Trinket Sets ~ GlassLinks ~ GlasSpeak ~ GlassGallery 
 ~  Glassoholic Blog ~ Glassoholic Gallery ~

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia
Visit the Online Glass Museum
link to glass museum

This website is provided by Angela Bowey, PO Box 113, Paihia 0247, New Zealand