No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: Jules Lang Registrations 799042, 44, 45 and 46.  (Read 857 times)

Offline Paul S.

• Members
Jules Lang Registrations 799042, 44, 45 and 46.
« on: November 18, 2021, 05:50:37 PM »
But not, you will notice, Rd. 799043.       When I was at TNA, Kew, in recent months, I snapped pix of these four Registrations but obviously it didn't occur to me that I'd missed 799043 - until now.   However, if you look at the discussion between Jimbob and Fred  -  as per the attached link - there is the possibility that the epergnes - on their own -  might be a separate Registration - 799043.
https://www.glassmessages.com/index.php/topic,55117.msg312287.html#msg312287  ..............    of course I could be wrong, and 799043 might refer to something entirely different.

In Lang's drawing, submitted to the BoT back in December 1934, the socket holes - in 799042 -  can be seen clearly in the tops of the handles, into which the trumpets were intended to fit.     I'm unable to get back to Kew at the moment, but will try and look at this one again when I can.            In the meantime if anyone can confirm if my thoughts are correct that will be a great help.    thanks.                        In fact all five consecutive Rd. Nos. were Registered on 31st December 1934.

As has been commented, probably lots of times before, Lang were agents and importers only as far as the U.K. is concerned, although apparently as Fred noted they had their own manufacturing business, in France  -  they Registered many glass designs around this time - all I assume manufactured outside the U.K., and as far as I know all pressed items.
The combined bowl and trumpet epergnes as shown by jimbob is an impressive centre piece  -  I've no idea if actual pieces for Rd. Nos. 799044, 45 and 46 have ever found their way onto the GMB. 

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia
Visit the Online Glass Museum
link to glass museum

This website is provided by Angela Bowey, PO Box 113, Paihia 0247, New Zealand