No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: 12" teal vase? - ID = Orrefors  (Read 1786 times)

Offline CristyD

• Members
  • I'm new, please be gentle
    • United States
12" teal vase? - ID = Orrefors
« on: November 29, 2021, 02:05:29 PM »
Hello! I have a deep aqua or teal colored (bud?) vase that I would love to find out more about. I know nothing other than it's super heavy and came from my grandmother.
I'm happy to provide more photos or answer any questions that I can. Thank you in advance!

Offline Paul S.

• Members
Re: 12" teal vase?
« Reply #1 on: November 29, 2021, 02:13:52 PM »
Hi - Welcome to the GMB.     The stylus inscribed details on the base of your vase looks to read Orrefors - a Swedish manufacturer - though I've not yet checked what the other details might mean - it's possibly to do with the model No. etc. - regret I've no experience of this maker.                         The shape of this one might possibly be what is called a bone vase.     If you look on the screen at some of the entries for Orrefors you should find a lot of information.   

Edited to add .................  Not my area, but IMHO this looks to be an example of the Selina Vase    .............   "free blown and swung piece, the Selina series was developed from 1948 in association with W.E.S. Turner, the British glass technolgist."     I could be wrong, but likely the Opaline version is the rarest, and how many other colours were issued I've no idea.           Very nice piece - Granny obviously had good taste. 

Offline CristyD

• Members
  • I'm new, please be gentle
    • United States
Re: 12" teal vase?
« Reply #2 on: November 29, 2021, 02:34:13 PM »
Thank you for the fast response and great info! Yes, I love this vase and it will be with me always! The weight, shape, and color have always intrigued me. Happy to learn all that I can. 💜👍

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia
Visit the Online Glass Museum
link to glass museum

This website is provided by Angela Bowey, PO Box 113, Paihia 0247, New Zealand