No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: Textured mushroom vase - ID = Pukeberg  (Read 2065 times)

Offline SNJ

• Members
    • Cornwall
Textured mushroom vase - ID = Pukeberg
« on: January 13, 2022, 08:13:23 PM »
Wonder if anyone can help with an ID, please? Vase with straight-sided textured chunky shaft, smooth flared rim which is textured underneath, three distinct mould lines. It looks to me like an Iittala piece but I can't see any similar examples from an online trawl. 11cm tall with enough scuffing to the underside to suggest at least some age.

Offline rocco

• Members
    • Vienna, Austria
Re: Textured mushroom vase
« Reply #1 on: January 14, 2022, 11:10:39 AM »

Offline ahremck

• Members
« Reply #2 on: January 14, 2022, 01:54:08 PM »
Very, Vert Finnish.  The top is oh so similar to Festivo.   Try trawling www.designlasi.com

Ross
I bamle all snileplg eorrrs on the Cpomuter Kyes.  They confuse my fingers !!!

Offline SNJ

• Members
    • Cornwall
« Reply #3 on: January 14, 2022, 09:43:46 PM »
Thanks, Michael, you can't argue with a label! Having looked at the piece, I maintain that it's a vase, not a candle holder as the eBay seller states. The internal diameter of the shaft is too narrow for a tealight and the depth would be useless for a candle unless you wanted to waste 9cm of the bottom.

I haven't looked at that website for quite a while, Ross, so have just spent the last hour looking through it - always good to revisit and re-acquaint myself with Finnish glass although in the case of this vase, looks to be the adjacent country.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia
Visit the Online Glass Museum
link to glass museum

This website is provided by Angela Bowey, PO Box 113, Paihia 0247, New Zealand