No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: Jobling 6000 Jade Bowl  (Read 849 times)

Offline NevB

• Members
    • uranium glass
    • England
Jobling 6000 Jade Bowl
« on: January 31, 2022, 03:04:09 PM »
Another Jobling bowl, this time the 6000 "Flower" pattern, Rd. 777134 from 29/9/32. 10" diameter, 3" tall, actually more of a green colour than the photos show. Unfortunately it does have a crack across the base, probably from manufacture but I can put up with that.
"I hear you're a racist now father!" Father Ted.

Offline Paul S.

• Members
Re: Jobling 6000 Jade Bowl
« Reply #1 on: February 01, 2022, 09:07:22 AM »
nice bowl.       Looking for the Board's Jobling data archive, it doesn't appear in the same way that, for example, the T/Webb colour archive is easy to find, i.e. under 'British  .............' .          Would be v. useful to have the Jobling archive in in a similar location to the Webb archive - I'd suggest   -  or is it simply that I'm not looking in the right place? :)         

Offline NevB

• Members
    • uranium glass
    • England
« Reply #2 on: February 01, 2022, 09:42:12 AM »
Glass Queries Gallery has pages of images if you search for "Jobling glass", is that what you were looking for?
"I hear you're a racist now father!" Father Ted.

Offline Paul S.

• Members
« Reply #3 on: February 01, 2022, 10:45:58 AM »
thanks  -  there may well be images of Jobling under that name - though I didn't see them on a quick look -  I'd rather assumed the whole of the Jobling archive that runs chronologically for Registered Design sequence, would be listed separately, under it's own name  -  as with the Webb colours thread.             Not that the Rd. archive is difficult to find  -  punch Jobling into the search and it will come up under one of the headings - likely though a bit quicker to find if it was listed under its own name.          Probably not important.

Offline Anne

• GMB Tech Support Manager & "Board (never bored) Dame"
  • Global Moderator
  • Members
  • I has a stick to poke the server with yes!
    • Glass trinket sets
    • Cumbria England
    • My Glass Collection
« Reply #4 on: February 01, 2022, 05:45:39 PM »
Paul, that's a good thought.  Incidentally, I am slowly building a database of glass registered design numbers collating from all the sources I can find: Great Glass, both Thompson books, the National Archives online, and various other single manufacturer glassmakers.  Currently it's a massive spreadsheet being populated with numbers, dates, and registrants, item descriptions, and whether or not we have images depicting each piece and images of the NA records that you have added to the board. It's going to take a while but I hope will be a useful depository for everyone once I can get it online and in a useful searchable format.
Cheers! Anne, da tekniqual wizzerd
~ Glass Trinket Sets ~ GlassLinks ~ GlasSpeak ~ GlassGallery 
 ~  Glassoholic Blog ~ Glassoholic Gallery ~

Offline Paul S.

• Members
« Reply #5 on: February 01, 2022, 06:34:04 PM »
thanks Anne  -   I'd imagined the Jobling Rd. Nos. automatically reposed in a dedicated easy to see sub-heading like the T/Webb colours  -  the fact that this is not the case is probably partly my fault when I started the thing.           Should have discussed the matter then and it might have found a more obvious home  -  anyway, it can be found without difficulty, unless you're me. ;)

Your intended database archive of Rd. Nos. etc. sounds wonderful  -  your efforts are indefatigable, selfless and so charitable - couldn't lend me a tenner cud you?? ;) ;) ;)           Sounds to be a gargantuan task - perhaps you warrant a Reg. No. of your own - unique design  :-*       It will be a resource of massive use and value - look forward to seeing the results whenever Anne.

Offline flying free

• Members
    • UK
« Reply #6 on: February 06, 2022, 01:02:21 PM »
Anne, that's a fantastic idea and a huge job no doubt. It will be an amazing resource!

m

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia
Visit the Online Glass Museum
link to glass museum

This website is provided by Angela Bowey, PO Box 113, Paihia 0247, New Zealand